• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2000+ tix sold thru Wednesday & Bowl $$$

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

They could be guests or be interviewed on the radio or tv. But I think they are not allowed to do ads.

I wish they could.

But its sad we need the players to beg for someone to go.

Lets see where we are at around the 15th. Then start flooding the radio or tv after that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Yikes - a block of less than 5,000 (10% of the crowd) in green and gold would look awful and reflect poorly on USF and the BE.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Thats how many BC took there and probably more than UM will take to Peach Bowl.

Anyway you look at it we are not going to come close to the numbers wearing red. But for our first Bowl it wouldnt be a total disgrace

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

It is appalling that the SG has not put busses and trips for students out for them to go and represent. We should have at least 10 busses of students going to this. THIS I fault SG for. They have the cash. Let's use it for the students good, instead of some lame statue or something that always happens. This is our first bowl. I guess we are sure acting like it!     The Reaper

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

I cannot wait for the day when we don't have to worry about being embarassed by this thing or that thing.

As for the loyalty purchase-- we bought a group of 40 tickets and every single one of them is being used yo go to the game.

Get people to go to this game.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I bought 5 tickets today.  Stampede Charlotte baby.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

It is appalling that the SG has not put busses and trips for students out for them to go and represent. We should have at least 10 busses of students going to this. THIS I fault SG for. They have the cash. Let's use it for the students good, instead of some lame statue or something that always happens. This is our first bowl. I guess we are sure acting like it!     The Reaper

;D

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I heart the Reaper!

;D

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Still is nice to land $3M for our season ... hope the bulk goes into Football. Need to feed the money maker.

Watch out E.T.    they'll start another OCS thread...     ;)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Not sure if anyone else posted this...but Rutgers and the State of NJ will be offering $100,000 plus to help students travel to Arizona for Bowl Game.

It is MUCH cheaper to drive up to Charlotte then it is to fly to AZ...maybe USF can do this for some of their students, especially since its the first bowl game in the school's history.

Here's the CBSsportsline article.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9082962

Bowl-bound Rutgers students will get stipends for travel costs  

Dec. 7, 2005

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Rutgers students who want to cheer on the Scarlet Knights at the Insight Bowl are getting some financial help from the university.

About 275 Rutgers students will be randomly selected to receive $300 stipends for travel expenses to the Dec. 27 game in Phoenix.

The game against Arizona State is only Rutgers' second bowl appearance, and its first in 27 years.

"The university encourages students to support the football team at the Insight Bowl. Events like these enrich the college experience," said Gregory Blimling, Rutgers' vice president for student affairs.

The travel money comes from more than $85,000 donated by alumni and others, including a $25,000 state donation authorized by acting Gov. Richard J. Codey.

The idea of a state subsidy to help college students go to a football game prompted sharp criticism from a taxpayer watchdog group.

"At least alumni have the choice of writing a smaller check to the university next year if they think it is a dumb idea. New Jersey taxpayers don't have that luxury, which is why the state should be ashamed of itself," said Pete Sepp, spokesman for the Alexandria, Va.-based National Taxpayers Union.

Rutgers students have until Dec. 12 to fill out an online application for the money.

Besides the stipends, free tickets are available for students through the Rutgers athletic department. The regular ticket price for the game is $52.