• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2000+ tix sold thru Wednesday & Bowl $$$

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Okay I went back and read history it was BC vs Carolina sell out with NC fans grabbing 65000 tix up... Wow!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

There is still plenty of time but the Athletic Dept. needs to get more pro-active in selling these tickets. Calls from JL and players to season holders asking for their support would help. Also calls to alumni in the area should be done. I mean im a season ticket holder,Bulls Club Member,Alumni member and all ive gotten are.

1.EMails from Alumni informing me where to get tickets

2. ONE letter from the AD telling me about my registration period.

Sorry but more is needed to excite those that are not the die-hards.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to sound like smazza here, but getting 2,000 people to pay good money to drive (or fly) to Charlotte to watch 1/3* of a football game on New Years Eve isn't that bad.

* - Excluding the USF offensive part of the game is a must as NCS is a better defensive team than either WVU or UConn

Well you know is that the way you guys feel then please stop comparing USF successes to the Big name schools because we arent.

Yeah right we expect the top recruits to come to us and rail on coaches when we dont get those, when we have problems getting fans to our games. Why in hell would a top player want to come here over the big names school.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Why hasn't the alumni association sent anything out?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Cuban,

The NCAA will not allow contact to a booster through phone from a player that is initiated by the school. However a recorded message from CJL might be good. It would be redicules to have him call.

UCONN officially brought 6k to the MCB last year which had a lot of bowl excited to possibly get them this year. If we can get 5-6k there we will be fine.

This bowl game has "offically" sold out but never has filled every seat, UNC boosters bought all the seats but SBD.com states the number in actual attendance was about 60k and blamed the fact that boosters were just trying to look good for the bowls.

I think in the end we'll get 5-6k some tickets will be bought by corp. sponsors, whether they show will yet to be seen.

Finally for the casual fan, many of them have no desire to drive/fly on the 30th and return on the first, its a weekend and many start back at work on the 2nd/3rd.

5-6k will look fine for our young program.

I agree. I just think up to now not much has ben done so if we have over 2,000 at this time with more push the 5K number will be reached. I still think that we could do better than that but we must be more aggresive about it

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

crap over 2k went to oklahoma to watch the bulls we should easily tripple that for our first bowl game.

The problem with attendance, as I see it -- is that most USF fans were not planning a game during the holidays.

Fans of most schools, like the Big 3, know they are probably going to a bowl game somewhere, so they plan a New Years Trip every year.  They expect to be going somewhere.

USF Fans, having never been before, did not have it in their plans.  I can vouch because I know a handful of casual fans that go to RayJay for a game or two each year, but won't travel because of other 'commitments'...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I don't see enough marketing on campus. I should hear about it from afar; students I keep in contact have told me they don't hear much at all considering how important it is to get fans to go to Charlotte.

If potential student leaders can stand out in front of buildings passing out flyers for weeks straight, then they can do so to ensure that our school is represented well at its first Bowl game ever.

But of course, that would take a deep-down caring for the school.....

I would do it if I were still an undergrad; I can say that with no question. Shoot, I did it for Homecoming, and that's not quite so important.

Where are all the former wannabe student leaders now?