• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NFL Draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

🤷‍♂️ It still was a reality. But having a 1-11 team didn't help their case. Either way, yes they didn't get drafted but 2 are already signed to teams. I still stand by that they should and could have been drafted.

Donovan Jennings was injured and is back for his last season...that's 1 that didn't work out this year, but can be drafted next year. 

Demontrey Jacobs signed to a team - 

Brad Cecil signed to a team

Big Meech got a minicamp invite

They also contributed to being 1-11, they could have gotten drafted I guess if the stars aligned perfectly but should have?? Naah.  I am rooting for all of them and hope they find a way to make a living for a while doing something they love.  Our Defense was so pathetic last year that we really had no chance anyways and that is not their fault. I like the optimism however anything extreme (positive or negative) grows old IMO. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

They also contributed to being 1-11, they could have gotten drafted I guess if the stars aligned perfectly but should have?? Naah.  I am rooting for all of them and hope they find a way to make a living for a while doing something they love.  Our Defense was so pathetic last year that we really had no chance anyways and that is not their fault. I like the optimism however anything extreme (positive or negative) grows old IMO. 

Two are currently SIGNED to an NFL team....sorry they were not drafted, but SIGNING to a team still is pretty good. Our offensive line did not cause us to be 1-11. The defense and bad coaching did. Our offense started humming once Byrum Brown started. Because of our online Battie got a 1000-yard season and we were ranked 27th nationally in rushing. Oh yea, our offensive line ranked 19th in sacks allowed. You guys look at me like I have blind optimism, but I actually look at stats, highlights, and data. Many of you pessimists are just bitter and have a negative outlook on anything USF football related. I stopped commenting on many of the "end of the world, doomsday fans" on this site. If you want to be negative, cry or whine about the team then do you? But don't come at me for being positive, b/c one I could care less how anybody feels about my outlook for this team and there are plenty of miserable fans....to be miserable with. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Two are currently SIGNED to an NFL team....sorry they were not drafted, but SIGNING to a team still is pretty good. Our offensive line did not cause us to be 1-11. The defense and bad coaching did. Our offense started humming once Byrum Brown started. Because of our online Battie got a 1000-yard season and we were ranked 22nd nationally in rushing. Oh yea, our offensive line ranked 19th in sacks allowed. You guys look at me like I have blind optimism, but I actually look at stats, highlights, and data. Many of you pessimists are just bitter and have a negative outlook on anything USF football related. I stopped commenting on many of the "end of the world, doomsday fans" on this site. If you want to be negative, cry or whine about the team then do you? But don't come at me for being positive, b/c one I could care less how anybody feels about my outlook for this team and there are plenty of miserable fans....to be miserable with. 

I would not have questioned being signed as an unrestricted FA, that is not getting drafted which is what you projected, the chances of making the team are much less, hell even chicken legs Boyles is going to be in a camp for a spell. I am rooting for all of them and will come at whoever I choose, if you make ridiculous statements, I will be there to call you out regardless if you care or not.  

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I would not have questioned being signed as an unrestricted FA, that is not getting drafted which is what you projected, the chances of making the team are much less, hell even chicken legs Boyles is going to be in a camp for a spell. I am rooting for all of them and will come at whoever I choose, if you make ridiculous statements, I will be there to call you out regardless if you care or not.  

And? What was ridiculous about a few of our offensive linemen getting drafted? I was wrong but they came close. It is what it is. That's the difference b/w me and the "les miserables". I am not afraid to be wrong in my predictions. Nor am I keeping my expectations low so that I won't be disappointed. I'm not sure if it was you or somebody else that was questioning my optimism for Byrum Brown last summer. In the end, I was RIGHT. He is a baller and has the ability to bring us success. And if ya want to call me out for being positive like I said...so be it. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Two are currently SIGNED to an NFL team....sorry they were not drafted, but SIGNING to a team still is pretty good. Our offensive line did not cause us to be 1-11. The defense and bad coaching did. Our offense started humming once Byrum Brown started. Because of our online Battie got a 1000-yard season and we were ranked 27th nationally in rushing. Oh yea, our offensive line ranked 19th in sacks allowed. You guys look at me like I have blind optimism, but I actually look at stats, highlights, and data. Many of you pessimists are just bitter and have a negative outlook on anything USF football related. I stopped commenting on many of the "end of the world, doomsday fans" on this site. If you want to be negative, cry or whine about the team then do you? But don't come at me for being positive, b/c one I could care less how anybody feels about my outlook for this team and there are plenty of miserable fans....to be miserable with. 

Defense and  the worst coaching in FBS football hurt the offensive line  guys draft stock.  The defense was a disaster and Bowles may be able to be coached up by NFL coaches. It sure was not happening by Jeff Scott and his defensive staff.  I hope all of them earn some money and find a spot on a winning franchise. They all deserve to get paid and shake the losing stench Jeff Scott put on their draft stock.

Edited by Outlaw

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And? What was ridiculous about a few of our offensive linemen getting drafted? I was wrong but they came close. It is what it is. That's the difference b/w me and the "les miserables". I am not afraid to be wrong in my predictions. Nor am I keeping my expectations low so that I won't be disappointed. I'm not sure if it was you or somebody else that was questioning my optimism for Byrum Brown last summer. In the end, I was RIGHT. He is a baller and has the ability to bring us success. And if ya want to call me out for being positive like I said...so be it. 

Apology accepted, all good Gator, you be you, I’ll be me.  You are definitely not afraid to be wrong, you are actually quite good at it.  

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Apology accepted, all good Gator, you be you, I’ll be me.  You are definitely not afraid to be wrong, you are actually quite good at it.  

Wait...You're gloating about someone being wrong for thinking/hoping USF could have more than 0 drafted?

Christ Almighty this fanbase needs an enema....or some wins to get us off each other's backs.  

I mean seriously is this the point we're at?  So starved for wins we're turning on each other just to feel like we've won an online argument?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

42 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Wait...You're gloating about someone being wrong for thinking/hoping USF could have more than 0 drafted?

Christ Almighty this fanbase needs an enema....or some wins to get us off each other's backs.  

I mean seriously is this the point we're at?  So starved for wins we're turning on each other just to feel like we've won an online argument?

I don't know, not sure we should blame people being ***** on the state of the program .... some people just like being ***** for the heck of it.

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I was right about Byrum Brown and thats all that matters for the present and future. I dont look at the past my friend. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

When powers that be have a war on winning people are going to turn to the streets to get their fix