• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Bulls head to Jacksonville for midweek tilt at UNF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

They are meaningless at this point.  Our only shot at postseason is winning the conference tourney and we already saw Mohl get this team hot at the right time before and this team has played very well the past 3 weekends in conference so I'm not sure what you mean by "as this team is playing".   But if he can get this team to the conference finals against ECU with this weak pitching staff then he deserves a lot of credit.

You need to come clean and tell us what your connection is to this coaching staff. We’ve been awful in the non-conference, we lost 2-3 at Houston, won 2-3 at UCF (who is 3-6 in the AAC) and won 2-3 against Tulane (which is 16 games under .500). If we lose the series this weekend vs. UCF, how do you spin that into sunshine? And if you think we’re just as likely to win the league as we are to finish at the bottom of it, I need more of what you’re on.

In any event, let’s just all agree to wait and see how the rest of this plays out - but I have a pretty good idea where we’re headed. The odds of us catching fire again in late May are really long.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Expect whatever you want (but the Florida crap is nonsense), at the end of the season maybe Mohl goes, but we're in the middle of the season right now.  It is what it is.  5-4 has us tied for 3rd place in the conference You guys only talk about the team when we lose, it's crickets when we win 2 series in conference.

Not true, I have praised them when they have won in past. Including when they won series vs UCF which to me was a shocker.

It is obvious that to you, this is personal. So this will be my last post on this. But yes 16-22 in baseball for a school in Florida is bad. Getting consistently beaten by schools like UNF and FGCU is bad.

I have followed USF baseball since I went there in 78-82. For USF winning 40 games a season and making a Regional was pretty much a yearly thing.

Sorry if you can’t stand criticism of the team when they are not performing 

10 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I'm not blinded by anything and I know exactly how "this all works".   We have a terrible pitching staff outside of maybe 4 guys so there is no room for error.  They've won 2 out of 3 conference series.  Played well except game 2 in Houston.  I'm guessing you don't watch the games.    The chances of getting an at large bid at this point are slim so winning the conference tourney is the only chance really.   They may not make it, but I just don't get the point of showing up just when we lost to *****.

I watch every game on ESPN+

I’m just not getting your take at all. On one hand you’re the ultimate optimist. On the other, you’re basically admitting we’ve been so bad - and put together such a bad pitching staff - that we only have one longshot chance to salvage the season.

So what you really want is equal praise when we win an occasional game? Well, that still wouldn’t balance the scales simply because we continue to lose more than we win.

27 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

By the way, we were the 6th seed when we won the conference tourney and Gainesville conference in 2021 ... just 2 years ago

If you think that has any chance to be a regular occurrence, good luck. I sure hope so, but we’ve had much better teams than the one in 2021 who couldn’t get it done. Dare I say it was a fluke? Sure looks like it based on what has happened since.

Oh, and when we win a game, I promise to come on here and post YEAH, GREAT JOB! in all caps.

We’ve now lost 7 games by 7 runs or more - including two games that didn’t even go nine innings. That’s not the USF baseball I remember.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

19 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I’m just not getting your take at all. On one hand you’re the ultimate optimist. On the other, you’re basically admitting we’ve been so bad - and put together such a bad pitching staff - that we only have one longshot chance to salvage the season.

Just because one's not a pessimist, which most who hop on here are after a loss, doesn't mean they're an optimist. All I see is someone saying the ******* season isn't over yet and there's still a chance they COULD, not WILL, get hot at the right time based on glimpses they've shown.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

Yikes. Glad i missed it. Clearly we are trying things in these weekday games right? Maybe? Hopefully?

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Season has been a huge disappointment in my opinion.  The terrible non conference record can not be overlooked and it means we have to win the AAC Tournament which isn't likely to happen.  After the weekend starters there is really no pitcher that we can count on to get outs consistently.  I'm not calling for anything to happen mid season, but it needs to happen after the season.  It would take a miracle for us to end strong and get to the NCAA tournament.  All games are meaningful to me.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I have followed USF baseball since I went there in 78-82. For USF winning 40 games a season and making a Regional was pretty much a yearly thing.

USF has made 14 regionals in their history .... 2 under Mohl (in his 4 years).  We've won 1 Regional ... under Mohl. 

From 78-82 we were below .500 3 times ... we won 40+ once and made the Regional that year (82).

Save for a pretty good run under Cardieri around the mid 90's, the past 7 or 8 years have easily been the most successful in USF baseball history .. under Kingston (with the help of Mohl) and now Mohl.

I don't have problem with criticism ... I've criticized ... but blind criticism is annoying at the very least

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

USF has made 14 regionals in their history .... 2 under Mohl (in his 4 years).  We've won 1 Regional ... under Mohl. 

From 78-82 we were below .500 3 times ... we won 40+ once and made the Regional that year (82).

Save for a pretty good run under Cardieri around the mid 90's, the past 7 or 8 years have easily been the most successful in USF baseball history .. under Kingston (with the help of Mohl) and now Mohl.

I don't have problem with criticism ... I've criticized ... but blind criticism is annoying at the very least

Blind criticism . LOL. Ok like I said I’m done with you. By the way I said I went to school 78-82. Now go check the 80s and see how we did, never mind that it was more difficult to get into regionals back then.

Check Eddie Cardieri’s run as a coach. That’s what I’m talking about

Edited by Cubanbull

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On the one hand, I see @olafberserker's point about the midweek games being meaningless at this point. Because we've put ourselves in a situation where it's conference tourney title or bust. Losing these games doesn't have any effect on that outlook.

With that said, as fans, we can still be frustrated watching this s---show, midweek game or not. There's nothing wrong with being frustrated that our team is 16-22 and getting blown out by teams like North Florida and VCU. It needs to be better.

• Upvote 1