• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If the Rays can keep this pace the rest of the season, it could be a pretty good year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

RAYS-SUNDAY.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

The Tampa Bay Rays are on such a roll, the only question is which of their stats is most impressive.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,268
  • Days Won:  25

Record start but we will see a little more when they start playing better teams. Looks like they are going to have a good season and be playoff bound. Champa BAY! Time for the Lightning to upset the Leafs and the Ray's to make it to the dance again. I hope to see them win a championship in my lifetime and get a new stadium in Tampa Area. I used to go to a lot of games when I was in Tampa but coming from Polk it is impossible to make a 7ish pm start on a week night.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Record start but we will see a little more when they start playing better teams. Looks like they are going to have a good season and be playoff bound. Champa BAY! Time for the Lightning to upset the Leafs and the Ray's to make it to the dance again. I hope to see them win a championship in my lifetime and get a new stadium in Tampa Area. I used to go to a lot of games when I was in Tampa but coming from Polk it is impossible to make a 7ish pm start on a week night.

Yes, and other than them Bums from Brooklyn (who they are tied with for best-ever start), winning big early hasn't panned out all so well.

champs-910x512.png

A full list of the top 50 longest winning streaks to start a MLB season.

I used to live about 15 minutes from the Trop and had partial season tix right behind home plate back in the good ol' days when games were cheaper than the beers are now and we cheered for breaking .500.

Closing in on best MLB start ever.  

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0412%2Fr1157880_

The Rays won their 12th straight game to start the season on Wednesday, putting them one victory from tying the 1987 Brewers and 1982 Braves for the best major league...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

Not that we've played super-strong teams (and we own the Bosox at the Trop), I will truly be impressed if they continue the streak against the Blue Jays.

It's great to see the solid attendance at home...everyone loves a winner (and I hope it rubs off on USF!).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,268
  • Days Won:  25

Another win and tied the record. It would be amazing if they beat the record.  The real prize is winning the world series. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Is there a legal way to extract some of the Tampa Bay $billions injected into the Glazer Family and get a little stadium for the Rays in Tampa?  It could be a community stadium but no others only allowed to use it with approval at significant expense.  

On 4/14/2023 at 12:23 AM, Ricky the Bull said:

I will truly be impressed if they continue the streak against the Blue Jays.

Didn't keep the streak but closed with a dominating win behind Sugar Shane.