• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2023-24 Basketball Roster is up on GoUSFBulls.com

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Coaches come in all the time and find success right away. Dozens of examples at worse programs then us. Coach Rahim's first job when he came in was to convince our best remaining players to stick around. He was not successful. Job two was to get some transfers to come in through the transfer portal. So far not bad since both Stroud and Youngbloood are solid pick ups.

Add to that Miguel and you have 3 solid pieces. Now its up to Coach Rahim to go out and recruit 3 more solid players plus some players who have potential.

I am not saying that it will be easy, But if Rahim is the right hire he has to get it done and get us at least 12-16 wins this season . Look at the new ECU coach this season who had them win 16 games. Dusty May at his first year at FAU had a woeful FAU team go over .500. I could list dozens of other examples. A good coach can do the same.

Has this happened for MBB? Ever? 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Tradition? ........... It will be great if CAAR can hit the road running and turn this thing around immediately but to expect anything other than a rebuilding year isn't logical.

So because we've sucked we should expect us to continue to suck for a year, two, three?  How many?  Absolutely should be able to win right away in this day and age.   Not necessarily NCAA or even NIT invites, but competitive, middle of the conference winning is definitely possible and should be expected.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Has this happened for MBB? Ever? 

We shouldn't look to prior history. Outside of USF its done all the time. There is nothing about the USF situation that makes it any different from other programs; except low expectations or excuses. If anything we should have a leg up for many reasons, including great facilities. If you look at North Texas winning the NIT, FAU playing in the final four ( being one second away from final) and we can't expect 12-16 wins?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

We shouldn't look to prior history. Outside of USF its done all the time. There is nothing about the USF situation that makes it any different from other programs; except low expectations or excuses. If anything we should have a leg up for many reasons, including great facilities. If you look at North Texas winning the NIT, FAU playing in the final four ( being one second away from final) and we can't expect 12-16 wins?

I’m not disagreeing. All the time I say - why not us?  It just now needs to be us!

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

So because we've sucked we should expect us to continue to suck for a year, two, three?  How many?  Absolutely should be able to win right away in this day and age.   Not necessarily NCAA or even NIT invites, but competitive, middle of the conference winning is definitely possible and should be expected.

My bad. By tradition, I meant the year following a coaching change. I expect, minimum, 20+ wins and a CBI championship year 2. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

My bad. By tradition, I meant the year following a coaching change. I expect, minimum, 20+ wins and a CBI championship year 2. 

That would be great. However, year 3,4,5 only NIT and NCAAT will do. The CBI win was nice and I enjoyed it, but in the end its akin to winning a minor bowl game against Akron on Tuesday at noon. No one remembers who wins the CBI tournament.

This time around it has to be our time to achieve something special. Not only for basketball, but also football. Anything less then something special will be disappointing.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Be who the hell you wanna be

It would be amazing to go to basketball games and expect to win. It’s college basketball. There’s no reason that we should not be able to at least be competitive for a spot in the tournament. Hoping our new coach can bring that to our program.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  366

Any buzz on picking anyone up??? Days are passing here and we haven’t picked up no one from the portal other the his former players and we have to fill the roster to at least have 5 on 5 practice. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

18 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

Any buzz on picking anyone up??? Days are passing here and we haven’t picked up no one from the portal other the his former players and we have to fill the roster to at least have 5 on 5 practice. 

One guy maybe to keep an eye on is PG Javian McCollum from Siena. He entered the portal recently and was their leading scorer last season (15.9 ppg). He's 6-2, shot 43% from the field, 36% from 3PT and 89% at the stripe. He's originally from Fort Myers. Has two years of eligibility left.

Edited by Dave_Glaser