• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sources: Kennesaw State's Amir Abdur-Rahim is finalizing a deal to be the next head coach at South Florida.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

This is the coach USF needs.  Kelly wasn't fast enough for you, but he did this one RIGHT.

I'm with you. I'm spending too much time today learning about AAR, but I'm really liking this hire.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, John Lewis said:

No one said it has to be slow. He is inheriting a much better situation here that what he did at Kennesaw St.

I am choosing to look at his entire body of work and not just years 1 and 2. He took over a bad situation and improved every season.

Listen I hope it works out. Still when looking at his entire body of work he had 3 bad seasons and then one good season. If you compare this hire to Heath and even Gregory resume wise this is a downgrade and you start wondering whether Kelly is able to hire the people he desires.

This feels like Kelly whiffed on his first 15 choices and then settled on this one. If there is no improvement next year I am afraid apathy will set in for me as well

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Listen I hope it works out. Still when looking at his entire body of work he had 3 bad seasons and then one good season. If you compare this hire to Heath and even Gregory resume wise this is a downgrade and you start wondering whether Kelly is able to hire the people he desires.

This feels like Kelly whiffed on his first 15 choices and then settled on this one. If there is no improvement next year I am afraid apathy will set in for me as well

You're expecting a new coach (ANY new coach) to improve on 14-18 when the two best players graduated?

He didn't have "3 bad seasons" ... it took four seasons to rebuild a team that had not had a single winning season since it moved from Division II to Division 1.... He had more wins every year... that should be a positive.

Plus, Kelly hired someone with actual HEAD coaching experience.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

You're expecting a new coach (ANY new coach) to improve on 14-18 when the two best players graduated?

He didn't have "3 bad seasons" ... it took four seasons to rebuild a team that had not had a single winning season since it moved from Division II to Division 1.... He had more wins every year... that should be a positive.

Yes. If we had hired Odom, Brey,... I would totally expect 15 wins next season

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

Here's to Amir...

Just hoping I get to see this program proudly hoist another CBI championship banner into rafters at some point in my lifetime.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Yes. If we had hired Odom, Brey,... I would totally expect 15 wins next season

season 2 episode 3 GIF by Siesta Key

• Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

KSU does play football and will be in CUSA for 24-25 season.  Probably in the AAC for 25-26.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I thought the idea when firing a coach is that the new hire will improve the team, but USF lives in their own world.

Hope he works out.

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

season 2 episode 3 GIF by Siesta Key

All it takes with the transfer portal is to get one or two good players to come to USF and you can be competitive right away. Maybe he can bring a few of his best players to come  from Kennesaw.

We needed a home run hire ( or as close to one as you can ever get), and this is anything but that.

I take back about apathy kicking in since knowing me I will tune in when the season starts again and root for that we finally have made the right hire. Same goes for football  I will hope for the best. Very disappointed in Kelly though since the last 3 weeks have been anything but reassuring. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

44 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

This is the coach USF needs.  Kelly wasn't fast enough for you, but he did this one RIGHT.

Whatever.  19 days to decide we wanted to hire a one-hit wonder from Kennesaw State.   Again, he may end up being a great hire, but to say "Kelly did this right" is ridiculous