• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now that Brey is out. I am team Capko or Odom.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Bring one of these guys home VPMK. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

Odom maybe if everything else falls true, but Capko in my opinion would be the least qualified hire we have made ( even worse then Antigua who at least at the time was considered one of the best assistants in the country and came from one of the best programs in the country).

And for the record I do respect and like Capko, and he is building a nice career for himself. Maybe at some point in the future when he gets HC experience.  But right now he would be a reckless hire. unless you can hire him as an assistant.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

13 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Odom maybe if everything else falls true, but Capko in my opinion would be the least qualified hire we have made ( even worse then Antigua who at least at the time was considered one of the best assistants in the country and came from one of the best programs in the country).

And for the record I do respect and like Capko, and he is building a nice career for himself. Maybe at some point in the future when he gets HC experience.  But right now he would be a reckless hire. unless you can hire him as an assistant.

I completely agree. If Capko had no USF ties, you wouldn't give him a second look at this point. Brief assistant stints at Stetson, FIU and Georgia Southern and now six seasons in California. His only accomplishment of note is getting hired by a pretty good head coach at USC. Feels to me like the days of Orlando Antigua, who was somehow given credit for Calipari recruiting 5-stars to Kentucky. But at least Antigua had some head coaching experience - with the Dominican National Team. Capko's first HC job should be at Stetson or Cal Poly, NOT USF. Maybe someday.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Ok.

Ok.

I will do it.  I will be the new Men's Basketball coach.  Just give me a week to play NBA 2K12 and I should be good.

If we do hire Capko, would we have the youngest combo of football/basketball coaches in the country? If not, we'd have to be pretty close. Golesh is 38, Capko is 39. So we'd be at or near the top of some ranking, I guess, huh?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

30 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

NBA 2K12

A lot has changed since then WYD.  I also reccomend newer games Just2Sad23, NCAA NIL23 and Call of Hiring, The USF edition.  
All available on XBox and PS.  No Atari or Genesis.  

• Haha 3

I'm with this guy . . . 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm with this guy . . . 

I get it, though from personal experience I have grown somewhat gun shy of coaches with Harbaugh connections.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

53 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If Capko had no USF ties, you wouldn't give him a second look at this point.

But he does and that's what makes him intriguing. He'd come in well aware of the situation, with eyes wide open in regards to the fanbase, donor base, students, etc. I'd still prefer a successful, sitting hc, then maybe a oow retread with a better history than most of our other retread hires, but I wouldn't have a problem with CCC coming home ....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

But he does and that's what makes him intriguing. He'd come in well aware of the situation, with eyes wide open in regards to the fanbase, donor base, students, etc. I'd still prefer a successful, sitting hc, then maybe a oow retread with a better history than most of our other retread hires, but I wouldn't have a problem with CCC coming home ....

Anyone who has played for the Bulls, will have a special place in my heart, but having been a Bull by itself is not a qualification in my opinion. Having knowledge regarding fanbase, donor base, and students perhaps creates a leg up for an administration position, but not so much for a coach. Having been a Bull, unless you are a famous one, doesn't really help with recruiting either, at least I don't think so. Now I would like nothing more then a former Bull being HC someday, but only if that person comes with experience as HC. Maybe we can hire him as an assistant.