• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Tickets - Club Access

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It could be a self thinning herd. Reality is, and I could be wrong, there won't be the same number of club type seating available that we currently have and it's going to cost more. Those current Club access fans will have 3 options; pay the higher cost, buy non-Club access seats, don't buy at all. Hopefully John can chime in and point out any errors in my thought process.

Here is the the psychological problem we will have to overcome. Ray Jay has 24,000 club seats I think (12k on each side). 

The reality is the worst seat in a new 36k on campus stadium would be similar to a middle of the road seat at Ray Jay, just due to size. 

People hopefully will evaluate the new seats based on the view of the game from them, then the new stadium will be favorable. As soon as people start looking for all the NFL amenities, there will be a problem. Up to USF to focus on the positives. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Here is the the psychological problem we will have to overcome. Ray Jay has 24,000 club seats I think (12k on each side). 

The reality is the worst seat in a new 36k on campus stadium would be similar to a middle of the road seat at Ray Jay, just due to size. 

People hopefully will evaluate the new seats based on the view of the game from them, then the new stadium will be favorable. As soon as people start looking for all the NFL amenities, there will be a problem. Up to USF to focus on the positives. 

I used to have club "seats" and I still have club "access," but with a new on campus stadium, I don't really need club amenities.  I'm basically looking at it this way:  If I can get a college game-day like experience on campus, then that's going to be fine with me.  I'll probably get myself one of those chair backs if it's a steel bench, but I'll be standing the whole time like I'm at a real college football game.  That's absolutely fine with me.  The club thing at Ray Jay is just to make up for the fact that it is NOT a college stadium, so while I'm there, I might as well enjoy the NFL lifestyle.  I'd trade club access in Ray Jay for a day in the sun in regular OCS seating any day of the week.

• Like 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I used to have club "seats" and I still have club "access," but with a new on campus stadium, I don't really need club amenities.  I'm basically looking at it this way:  If I can get a college game-day like experience on campus, then that's going to be fine with me.  I'll probably get myself one of those chair backs if it's a steel bench, but I'll be standing the whole time like I'm at a real college football game.  That's absolutely fine with me.  The club thing at Ray Jay is just to make up for the fact that it is NOT a college stadium, so while I'm there, I might as well enjoy the NFL lifestyle.  I'd trade club access in Ray Jay for a day in the sun in regular OCS seating any day of the week.

Awesome to hear and hopefully there are thousands and thousands more like you out there ....

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

32 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

The club access is why we became donors. Had seats out in the sun in the Faculty section (through a friend). In back to back weeks, first at FAU and then the following week at Ray Jay vs Central, my wife felt like she was going to pass out from the heat.  Asked someone how we get into "that thing" up there which turned out to be the Club and you had to donate 1k.  So we did. Now 15 years later can't imagine not having access to some air conditioning. If we can't afford it we won't be going. Pretty simple for us. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Concessions have become outrageous, so my plan is to just not buy them. Other than water or Gatorade on a hot day. Listen I am a real fat ass, and I go go 3 hours without food or drink. You can too. I have the funds to pay these prices but refuse to do so. Honestly my wife and I could go to Berrns for almost the same cost of some frozen chicken tenders, and a couple of beers. Obviously the business model works because enough people are willing to fork out $100+ a game on beer that is worth maybe $12. To each their own. 

I will say USF ticket prices are a bargain. We have 2 Season tickets for basketball, and now 7 for football. I pay under 1,000 a year. Basketball is by far the best value. I also love the new program they have where you can upgrade your seats. We did just that last night. Paid an extra $20 and got the padded seats in the 4th row in 101. The Ticketing people are the gems of USF Athletics.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

Unless there’s a near miraculous turnaround in the next few seasons, not sure how much ability USF actually has to set pricing. Would think the laws of supply and demand would keep prices in check. 

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458

Competition grows more intense every year for entertainment dollars while the costs of all of it continues to rise.  At the same time the home watching experience becomes easier while the quality improves.   When I lived in Tampa I had season tickets in a Super Bowl-worth stadium and access to a pretty phenomenal club area.  Now that I have moved several states away I can watch in high definition on a 12' X 8' screen in theater-style recliner seating with all my private food, drinks and restroom feet away.   I just don't think USF can swap location for quality and expect to garner a lot more fan interest in attending.   Striking a balance will be key. 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

38 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Competition grows more intense every year for entertainment dollars while the costs of all of it continues to rise.  At the same time the home watching experience becomes easier while the quality improves.   When I lived in Tampa I had season tickets in a Super Bowl-worth stadium and access to a pretty phenomenal club area.  Now that I have moved several states away I can watch in high definition on a 12' X 8' screen in theater-style recliner seating with all my private food, drinks and restroom feet away.   I just don't think USF can swap location for quality and expect to garner a lot more fan interest in attending.   Striking a balance will be key. 

That was quite the setup down there.  Although I don't remember getting fresh popcorn from the machine.  

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That was quite the setup down there.  Although I don't remember getting fresh popcorn from the machine.  

You have to battle the basement dweller for that.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

It could be a self thinning herd. Reality is, and I could be wrong, there won't be the same number of club type seating available that we currently have and it's going to cost more. Those current Club access fans will have 3 options; pay the higher cost, buy non-Club access seats, don't buy at all. Hopefully John can chime in and point out any errors in my thought process.

I know we're still in the planning stages of the Stadium, but I believe I saw something from a prior Board of Trustee meeting where it was mentioned that there was the potential of having multiple clubs. I believe one was a lower level type club and the other would be something along the lines of what we currently have in RJS. Honestly, I think that would be a fantastic idea to have. I would assume that if this does happen that the lower level club would likely not be an indoor type that we currently have. The benefits here are that you open more seats/premium areas for our fans and have multiple pricing points for them.

My biggest issue with the the current Club Access situation is that those who work at the doors at the top of the 200 level, literally do not do the job that they are required to do. It's not that difficult to look at a ticket and see if "CLUB ACCESS" is on it, or not.

Edited by John Lewis
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1