• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New football commit

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,985
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Defense wins championships. That said, don't think it's valuable to say something about the defense with every offensive commit. Time will tell. 

I will admit you are correct and I am usually intentional about being a part of the solution not the problem and the pity party. That being said, my frustration with the obvious problem with this football team and the complete lack of focus on that problem is just too much and too blatant. And the Golesh gets sarcastic to Will Turner in his press conference about the defense ("oh really? we were last were we?"). If you are going to be cocky, and the go back to recruit, and STILL ignore the defense, you're poking the bear. 

Hence the comment. I hope I am wrong. 

I will take your observation though and do my best to stop beating this horse. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  485
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

I will admit you are correct and I am usually intentional about being a part of the solution not the problem and the pity party. That being said, my frustration with the obvious problem with this football team and the complete lack of focus on that problem is just too much and too blatant. And the Golesh gets sarcastic to Will Turner in his press conference about the defense ("oh really? we were last were we?"). If you are going to be cocky, and the go back to recruit, and STILL ignore the defense, you're poking the bear. 

I highly doubt that he is not trying...but a stronger offense that puts the other team in a hole then makes that other team one-dimensional which in turn is easier to defend. Hard to say that a better offense doesn't at least have some favorable impact on the defense. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, hm101 said:

A lot has been made of the exchange with Will Turner, but I'm pretty sure it was playful banter. Will got to tag along with Goach during his initial media rounds with the Bay area TV stations. I don't think it was anything more than a playful jab at Will, but it took on a life of its own in the Twitterverse.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

10 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I have to admit it's getting better. Getting better all the time.  It can't get any worse!

the beatles flash GIF by Rock Legends

• Like 1