• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball Season Is Here

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

That one got ugly late. Goot game through 6 though.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

7 walks in last 3 innings will do that.  3 freshman and Pundsack throwing during that time.  I thought Hudi and Jackson (20 year old freshman) threw well overall for those first 6 innings.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Was going to say something yesterday, but I figured I'd be the Debbie downer.

We should be able to hang most Friday games. That's all of our 1 pitching staff. When you play a good team, it is all about the 2's and 3's. If Maryland is as good as people think, their pitching depth is a reason. Any decent team has a good ace and a couple of good arms. Pilling up wins in baseball is all about Saturday and Sunday. The grind is how good your second and third best starter are and your latter bullpen guys. Tomorrow will be our 2's and 3's against their 2's and 3's and even 4's... That's when you know if we have what it takes. Friday night is like the first quarter of a football game. When we get into conference tourney time or a regional, you're going to be throwing every guy, and whoever has the best arms is going to win a battle of attrition.

Both of Maryland's starters are better than anyone on our staff.  Wouldn't surprise me if tomorrow's starter is as well.  That's why they are 13th in the country.  We've thrown 10 guys in 2 games and wouldn't be surprised to see 4-5 more tomorrow.  CBM obviously wants to see these guys throwing in games.  I don't know if we have a true go to Friday night ace on our staff.  time will tell I suppose

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Was going to say something yesterday, but I figured I'd be the Debbie downer.

We should be able to hang most Friday games. That's all of our 1 pitching staff. When you play a good team, it is all about the 2's and 3's. If Maryland is as good as people think, their pitching depth is a reason. Any decent team has a good ace and a couple of good arms. Pilling up wins in baseball is all about Saturday and Sunday. The grind is how good your second and third best starter are and your latter bullpen guys. Tomorrow will be our 2's and 3's against their 2's and 3's and even 4's... That's when you know if we have what it takes. Friday night is like the first quarter of a football game. When we get into conference tourney time or a regional, you're going to be throwing every guy, and whoever has the best arms is going to win a battle of attrition.

Fair enough but our starting pitching did their job today. Work out the unknowns in these non conference games

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Fair enough but our starting pitching did their job today. Work out the unknowns in these non conference games

And that appears to be what CBM is doing.  Like I said above, we've thrown 10 pitchers while Maryland has used 5.  4 of the 6 today were true freshmen

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

Hudi was solid - their guy, Dean, was pretty filthy. But we can’t have Brutcher and Cantu going 0-8 with 4 K’s at the top of the lineup and expect to do much, especially when you’re also putting two freshmen out there for their debuts and they’re going 0-7 with 3 more K’s. Great starts so far for Boser and Sankovich, the Marshall transfer at third base. Felt almost like Mohl was using yesterday as a tryout after winning Friday night. Six true freshmen played.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

5 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Hudi was solid - their guy, Dean, was pretty filthy. But we can’t have Brutcher and Cantu going 0-8 with 4 K’s at the top of the lineup and expect to do much, especially when you’re also putting two freshmen out there for their debuts and they’re going 0-7 with 3 more K’s. Great starts so far for Boser and Sankovich, the Marshall transfer at third base. Felt almost like Mohl was using yesterday as a tryout after winning Friday night. Six true freshmen played.

Load management. Can't expect kids to play 3 days in a row.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Are they still offering half off Papa Johns pizza after the USF baseball teams win