• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball Season Is Here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I think there is too much lineup changes, especially after a Win in opening night.  Not sure why this move was made yesterday but Snow pinch hit for Mayo with a righty on the mound.  Snow struck out as he's struggled so far.  His spot came up later in the game in a pretty big spot where Mayo could be a difference.  Again Snow made an out.  I don't think Mayo was hurt but it was a strange move to me considering he was our leadoff hitter in the opener.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

29 minutes ago, JoeB said:

I think there is too much lineup changes, especially after a Win in opening night.  Not sure why this move was made yesterday but Snow pinch hit for Mayo with a righty on the mound.  Snow struck out as he's struggled so far.  His spot came up later in the game in a pretty big spot where Mayo could be a difference.  Again Snow made an out.  I don't think Mayo was hurt but it was a strange move to me considering he was our leadoff hitter in the opener.

Don't the coaches normally change up the lineups on Sunday games?  Not sure I understand it but pretty sure it's a regular thing.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

Mohl wouldn't move the lineup around if he didn't have to.  I'm sure he'd love to be able to pencil in 9 guys in the same spot in the line up night in and night out like Maryland did.  I'd guess he batted Brutcher and Cantu 1/2 on Saturday to get those guys as many ABs as possible against a very tough pitcher.  Didn't work.  Oh well.  We'll probably see more lineup moves over the next few weeks to get ready for conference play.   Not overly impressed with Mayo this weekend.  There was another fly ball on Sunday that I thought was catchable and he wasn't even close.  We'll see if Boser continues to hit the ball, but I'm worried about him defensively at SS.  Might be a reason why Mohl wanted to see some time there on Sunday.  Pitching will need to be better or we're in trouble

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,130
  • Days Won:  56

To me, most of the position players are set. There really aren’t a ton of question marks there. For the everyday guys, I’d have: C Rivera, 1B Boser, 2B Rozenblum, 3B Sankovich, RF Cantu, CF Brutcher, LF Mayo. SS is the ? And you can try whoever you want at DH.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

45 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

To me, most of the position players are set. There really aren’t a ton of question marks there. For the everyday guys, I’d have: C Rivera, 1B Boser, 2B Rozenblum, 3B Sankovich, RF Cantu, CF Brutcher, LF Mayo. SS is the ? And you can try whoever you want at DH.

Boser is our SS and Cantu is now our 1B.  I would put Rivera as our C for defense, doesn't bring much offensively.  Seems Rosenblum doesn't really have a position but he gets on base so he's my DH by default.  Seems Montes is our 2B but you might get an occassional start from Rose here.  I think you'll see Brodil and Ruiz split time in LF in a platoon type situation.  Sankovich is our 3B, Butcher RF, Mayo CF.  Bench is Monque, Luethner, Snow (until he gets on track) and the rest

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,130
  • Days Won:  56

7 hours ago, JoeB said:

Boser is our SS and Cantu is now our 1B.  I would put Rivera as our C for defense, doesn't bring much offensively.  Seems Rosenblum doesn't really have a position but he gets on base so he's my DH by default.  Seems Montes is our 2B but you might get an occassional start from Rose here.  I think you'll see Brodil and Ruiz split time in LF in a platoon type situation.  Sankovich is our 3B, Butcher RF, Mayo CF.  Bench is Monque, Luethner, Snow (until he gets on track) and the rest

I understand all that. I was describing the lineup I’d use.