• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice commit for USF men’s hoops, but . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I find the overall results frustrating. The product on the court has been entertaining, more so than any year since the CBI season. 

again, a sad testament to this tenure

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

again, a sad testament to this tenure

Giving him one more year doesn't hurt anyone. It's not like we have the millions laying around to buy him out and make a splash hire. 

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Giving him one more year doesn't hurt anyone. It's not like we have the millions laying around to buy him out and make a splash hire. 

It continues to send the message that winning isn't a priority at USF

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

This just isn't true

I'm open to examples of coach's decisions losing multiple close games. Our last two we had open shots to tie or grab the lead and they didn't execute ...... Again, ultimately it's all on the coach for W/L records because they're his players who aren't closing the games out and you can't fire players ......we'll see what happens at the end of the season.

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm open to examples of coach's decisions losing multiple close games. Our last two we had open shots to tie or grab the lead and they didn't execute ...... Again, ultimately it's all on the coach for W/L records because they're his players who aren't closing the games out and you can't fire players ......we'll see what happens at the end of the season.

How about the other 39 minutes and 50 seconds Trip ......

6 straight losing conference seasons, 5 out of 6 losing seasons overall, continuous 2nd half meltdowns over the years ..... etc. and etc.

But yeah, can't fire the players .... give him a raise and a lifetime contract ... not his fault players can't "execute"

I just thank the basketball gods that girls keep wandering onto out campus who can play basketball and "execute" so that one of our basketball teams actually win something because obviously coaching has nothing to do with it

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

14 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Assuming there is no turn around It sets the program back another year. We have one winning season in the last decade. I am tired of losing. I recently turned 40 so I am getting older, so I would like us to be relevant in basketball as soon as possible. At any other serious program and he would have been fired last year.  Men's basketball is behind football the most important program. We invested in basketball facilities, and now we should invest in a proven coach who can get us to the NCAA tournament. Under Gregory the best we can hope for at this point is mediocrity.  If we have money for an OCS we  have money to invest in a new coach.

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Assuming there is no turn around It sets the program back another year. We have one winning season in the last decade. I am tired of losing. I recently turned 40 so I am getting older, so I would like us to be relevant in basketball as soon as possible. At any other serious program and he would have been fired last year.  Men's basketball is behind football the most important program. We invested in basketball facilities, and now we should invest in a proven coach who can get us to the NCAA tournament. Under Gregory the best we can hope for at this point is mediocrity.  If we have money for an OCS we  have money to invest in a new coach.

Do you know CBG's buyout? I do not. What coach would you like to see replace him? 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Do you know CBG's buyout? I do not. What coach would you like to see replace him? 

Coach K for $1

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

10 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Don't have any idea about his buyout, but whatever the amount it will be worth it if we can get someone who can get us out of the misery of the last decade. Maybe poach FAU's coach.

6 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Don't have any idea about his buyout, but whatever the amount it will be worth it if we can get someone who can get us out of the misery of the last decade. Maybe poach FAU's coach.

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I imagine they can match whatever we would be able to offer, especially considering that they will be our conference mates next season. I don't think we need to hold on to CBG, but I would only want to move on if we had a slam dunk hire lined up. USF doesn't have an unlimited supply of money to throw around at this point. If you aren't certain that you have the right replacement for CBG lined up this season, you wait one more. Things can turn on a dime in college basketball.