• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice commit for USF men’s hoops, but . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Very well said. They seem to be more entertaining to watch this season. Hopefully we start seeing more wins soon 

Yes I hope we will see the wins , and then  the talk about whether he gets fired becomes moot. Six more wins when you play 2 against Tulsa,  1 against ECU,  1 against UCF, and 1 against SMU is very much achievable.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Problem is I think BG is signed now through 2026, right? Minus a total meltdown like football had at Temple, I'm pretty sure that buys him another year. In fact, I'd bet on it.

Not necessarily. One important thing the extension did was not make him a lame duck coach and allowed him to recruit this year. Going to be very interesting to see how it's handled come year end.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

56 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The inability to close out games ultimately falls on CBG.

All losses ultimately fall on the HC but the inability to close out games is usually players making, or not making, plays when it matters. We've had our chances in these close games and haven't made those plays where the other team has.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Problem is I think BG is signed now through 2026, right? Minus a total meltdown like football had at Temple, I'm pretty sure that buys him another year. In fact, I'd bet on it.

That's what everyone said about CJS ... if we're serious about winning he's gone after this year

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

This is easily the most frustrating year of Bulls basketball since I have been following the team. The team is 9-13, but could just as easily be 20-2 at this point. We were in position to win every game we lost with the exception of UAB and Cincy. Hell, even if we split those 11 close losses, we would be looking at 15-8 or 14-9 and everyone on here would be thrilled. The inability to close out games ultimately falls on CBG. We aren't a dumpster fire, but we should be better. It will be interesting to see how VPMK handles this offseason. 

5 out of 6 losing seasons, 6 out of 6 conference losing seasons.   A regular trend of blowing leads.   Time to move on

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

All losses ultimately fall on the HC but the inability to close out games is usually players making, or not making, plays when it matters. We've had our chances in these close games and haven't made those plays where the other team has.

This just isn't true

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

5 out of 6 losing seasons, 6 out of 6 conference losing seasons.   A regular trend of blowing leads.   Time to move on

This just isn't true

If only CBG could make their free throws for them. I'm sure they don't practice them at all. 🙄

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If only CBG could make their free throws for them. I'm sure they don't practice them at all. 🙄

Yeah because missed free throws (every year) are the only problem.    lol, sure let's give him a lifetime contract.  Obviously the players are the problem each and every year .....

Just now, olafberserker said:

Yeah because missed free throws (every year) are the only problem.    lol, sure let's give him a lifetime contract.  Obviously the players are the problem each and every year .....

He's had this team in position to win. They can't close out games. Partly his fault. Partly the players. The product on the court isn't garbage and is much more entertaining than in years past. 

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

He's had this team in position to win. They can't close out games. Partly his fault. Partly the players. The product on the court isn't garbage and is much more entertaining than in years past. 

Sure, almost  winning is great ... the fact that you find this "entertaining" tells how bad this tenure has been

4 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Sure, almost  winning is great ... the fact that you find this "entertaining" tells how bad this tenure has been

I find the overall results frustrating. The product on the court has been entertaining, more so than any year since the CBI season.