• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice commit for USF men’s hoops, but . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

Carrollwood Day guard Tre Lockett has committed, but it doesn’t look like we’ll see him for a bit. Looks to me like he had a major leg injury recently . . . his pre-injury highlights are pretty impressive. Hopefully he gets back to form.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,393
  • Days Won:  43

Starting to look like USF has the right coaching staff in place

30 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Starting to look like USF has the right coaching staff in place

Not sure about that, but I do like the focus on signing good high school players this go-round. I'd hate to lose those four guys with a coaching change, but, it is what it is. We'll see.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,031
  • Days Won:  10

27 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Not sure about that, but I do like the focus on signing good high school players this go-round. I'd hate to lose those four guys with a coaching change, but, it is what it is. We'll see.

Having a coaching change doesn't mean you will lose recruits, especially if we hire a big name coach who is a proven winner . If there is no turn around in the last 9 games or so (going at least 6-3) it would be time to move on ,and this time I think it would be necessary to spend more then we have before to get someone who can get us to the NCAA tournament. If we have the money for an OCS, I am sure we can find the money to get a coach the fans truly deserve.

Edited by belgianbull

54 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Having a coaching change doesn't mean you will lose recruits, especially if we hire a big name coach who is a proven winner . If there is no turn around in the last 9 games or so (going at least 6-3) it would be time to move on ,and this time I think it would be necessary to spend more then we have before to get someone who can get us to the NCAA tournament. If we have the money for an OCS, I am sure we can find the money to get a coach the fans truly deserve.

Problem is I think BG is signed now through 2026, right? Minus a total meltdown like football had at Temple, I'm pretty sure that buys him another year. In fact, I'd bet on it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,031
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Problem is I think BG is signed now through 2026, right? Minus a total meltdown like football had at Temple, I'm pretty sure that buys him another year. In fact, I'd bet on it.

I hope not. You just cannot bring back a coach who has not cracked .500 in five of the six years he has been here. I think it would be a terrible mistake.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

This is easily the most frustrating year of Bulls basketball since I have been following the team. The team is 9-13, but could just as easily be 20-2 at this point. We were in position to win every game we lost with the exception of UAB and Cincy. Hell, even if we split those 11 close losses, we would be looking at 15-8 or 14-9 and everyone on here would be thrilled. The inability to close out games ultimately falls on CBG. We aren't a dumpster fire, but we should be better. It will be interesting to see how VPMK handles this offseason. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,393
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This is easily the most frustrating year of Bulls basketball since I have been following the team. The team is 9-13, but could just as easily be 20-2 at this point. We were in position to win every game we lost with the exception of UAB and Cincy. Hell, even if we split those 11 close losses, we would be looking at 15-8 or 14-9 and everyone on here would be thrilled. The inability to close out games ultimately falls on CBG. We aren't a dumpster fire, but we should be better. It will be interesting to see how VPMK handles this offseason. 

Very well said. They seem to be more entertaining to watch this season. Hopefully we start seeing more wins soon