• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wouldn’t it be great . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

16 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I credit CJF as he has clearly realized that a lack of depth has consistently cost this team in the NCAA tournament and he is trying to overcome that by getting players meaningful minutes, but it is resulting in poor second quarter performances. The team was so careless in the second period it was disturbing and it is going to result in CJF losing trust in the bench. You cannot have 3 of your 5 starters playing 35 to 40 minutes every night, it just isn't sustainable for the entire season and increases the chances that one of them goes down with an injury.

Priscilla Williams' failure to develop into a consistent contributor is disappointing. For those that don't know, she was a McDonald's All-American out of high school and ranked the 9th highest recruit in the country. She was a solid contributor (8.7 pts. 3.4 reb.) as a freshman, regularly starting on a team that made the NCAA tournament. The Syracuse coach was apparently abusive and was fired. All but two players initially left the program, but Priscilla decided to stay. I think she realized it was going to be a lost season, so she opted to redshirt the 2021-2022 season and then transferred to USF. If she was simply playing at the level she was displaying as a freshman, this team could go to even greater heights. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that will happen this season. 

CousinRicky can give us more insight on Priscilla, but just looking at the stat sheet, it seems like there isn't a shot she won't take and that's going to keep her on the bench. There has to be more to her game or Jose isn't going to play her. She's gotten up 39 shots in 99 total minutes - and she's only shooting 25%. She's second to last on the team in minutes, but only the starters and Daniela Gonzalez have more shot attempts - and Gonzalez only has 25 more shot attempts in almost three times as many minutes. 

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

9 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

CousinRicky can give us more insight on Priscilla, but just looking at the stat sheet, it seems like there isn't a shot she won't take and that's going to keep her on the bench. There has to be more to her game or Jose isn't going to play her. She's gotten up 39 shots in 99 total minutes. She's second to last on the team in minutes, but only the starters and Daniela Gonzalez have more shot attempts - and Gonzalez only has 25 more shot attempts in almost three times as many minutes. 

She definitely seems to be forcing things when she is on the court. She is 2 for 19 from 2 point range and 8 for 20 from 3. She would seem to be the natural sub for Puisis, but she cannot find her role on this team. I imagine it is one of, if not the, most frustrating thing for CJF at this point in the season. She does appear to be slow and I don't know if the leg sleeve that she wears is for comfort or for an injury, but I hope she finds her game. Just imagine how good this team would be if she was contributing 8 points and 4 boards a night. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

She definitely seems to be forcing things when she is on the court. She is 2 for 19 from 2 point range and 8 for 20 from 3. She would seem to be the natural sub for Puisis, but she cannot find her role on this team. I imagine it is one of, if not the, most frustrating thing for CJF at this point in the season. She does appear to be slow and I don't know if the leg sleeve that she wears is for comfort or for an injury, but I hope she finds her game. Just imagine how good this team would be if she was contributing 8 points and 4 boards a night. 

She did sit out a long time, so maybe it's just a matter of getting in better game shape physically and mentally. Gonna need her to be that All-American in future seasons.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

I wish I had an answer for P Williams. She doesn't lack confidence. But EVERY time she brings the ball up the floor she turns it over. Did she miss last year due to injury?  Or was it the team/coaching situation? Just doesn't seem interested in rebounding or defending on top of the missed shots and turnovers. One of those puzzling situations. I know Bully and I had some private discussions about her early in the season. Not sure if we are halfway thru yet but must be getting close if we aren't. If she could somehow flip the switch we'd be tough in the post season.

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I wish I had an answer for P Williams. She doesn't lack confidence. But EVERY time she brings the ball up the floor she turns it over. Did she miss last year due to injury?  Or was it the team/coaching situation? Just doesn't seem interested in rebounding or defending on top of the missed shots and turnovers. One of those puzzling situations. I know Bully and I had some private discussions about her early in the season. Not sure if we are halfway thru yet but must be getting close if we aren't. If she could somehow flip the switch we'd be tough in the post season.

If she was performing to expectations this team would have the feel of an Elite 8 caliber squad. We were right there with NC State, Ohio State, and Michigan. I think if Priscilla was performing we may have won 2 of those 3 games. I just don't see it happening at this point. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

32 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If she was performing to expectations this team would have the feel of an Elite 8 caliber squad. We were right there with NC State, Ohio State, and Michigan. I think if Priscilla was performing we may have won 2 of those 3 games. I just don't see it happening at this point. 

Although not likely I'm still holding out hope. I mean she has/had it in her. Like I said, maybe a switch goes on.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

Good observations & insight on Priscilla, thank you! Def hope she can improve as the year goes on & be a main contributor off the bench. Can go a long way in our quest to get to the Sweet 16.

Also, haven't heard/seen much on another transfer, McGee.

8 hours ago, CJF the BullGOAT said:

Good observations & insight on Priscilla, thank you! Def hope she can improve as the year goes on & be a main contributor off the bench. Can go a long way in our quest to get to the Sweet 16.

Also, haven't heard/seen much on another transfer, McGee.

I wasn't expecting huge things from McGee, but she hasn't contributed at all. Ole Miss was a bad team the year before she arrived there. They have improved dramatically over the last 3 seasons and her contributions didn't grow. It appears that as they recruited better talent, she was nothing more than a depth piece for them, at best. I understand the decision to transfer, but USF's roster is just as good as Ole Miss, so it is a tough lineup to crack. The fact that she has only logged 6 minutes this season and appeared in just 2 games leads me to believe she might be dealing with some sort of injury. Any insight on McGee Cousin Ricky? 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

22 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I wasn't expecting huge things from McGee, but she hasn't contributed at all. Ole Miss was a bad team the year before she arrived there. They have improved dramatically over the last 3 seasons and her contributions didn't grow. It appears that as they recruited better talent, she was nothing more than a depth piece for them, at best. I understand the decision to transfer, but USF's roster is just as good as Ole Miss, so it is a tough lineup to crack. The fact that she has only logged 6 minutes this season and appeared in just 2 games leads me to believe she might be dealing with some sort of injury. Any insight on McGee Cousin Ricky? 

She has only been dressed to play in about 2-3 games, been hurt most of the season. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I'm going to share some perspective, I wanted to look this up:

USFWBB started in 1972, from 1972-2000 - best year was 16 wins. 

Since 2000, we have won 19 or more games 15 times, and we are on a streak of 11 years in a row with 19 or more wins. 

If USF ever gets into the business of building statues, I know who should get one of first ones (along with Ken). 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1