• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Enough is enough

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  364
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't buy the argument that we are USF, we have never won in basketball, so why should we expect results. Its that kind of attitude that leads to failure.

We are one good hire away from being relevant in basketball.

I’m just saying we have to stick it out. Kelly gave him a new contract, maybe he should be fired.

In the past 30 years we’ve only had about 9 winning seasons, so to be real we are not a basketball school.

We’ve had a lot great basketball players come out of Tampa and they don’t give USF the time of day. Until we start winning regularly it will continue to be like that.

I say let Gregory finish the season out, If we aren’t 500% he has to go. Then if we’re going to start from scratch and we can’t get a big name,  hire Chucky Atkins he will give it all he has for the school he played for. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't buy the argument that we are USF, we have never won in basketball, so why should we expect results. Its that kind of attitude that leads to failure.

We are one good hire away from being relevant in basketball.

WE must purge the athletic program of losing and this toxic positive culture that the athletic department accomplished anything over the last 10 years in the two big sports other than getting an IPF built. We need to take more pride in our record than our uniforms on social media.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

I’m just saying we have to stick it out. Kelly gave him a new contract, maybe he should be fired.

In the past 30 years we’ve only had about 9 winning seasons, so to be real we are not a basketball school.

We’ve had a lot great basketball players come out of Tampa and they don’t give USF the time of day. Until we start winning regularly it will continue to be like that.

I say let Gregory finish the season out, If we aren’t 500% he has to go. Then if we’re going to start from scratch and we can’t get a big name,  hire Chucky Atkins he will give it all he has for the school he played for. 

My only point is that one good hire can change everything.  If Stan Heath was able to win in the Big East ( one of the best conferences)and win 2 NCAA tournament games just about a decade ago; there is no reason we cant hire someone now who can get us competitive in the AAC. The last 2 hires Gregory and Antigua were horrible hires. We wasted 9 years.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

My only point is that one good hire can change everything.  If Stan Heath was able to win in the Big East ( one of the best conferences)and win 2 NCAA tournament games just about a decade ago; there is no reason we cant hire someone now who can get us competitive in the AAC. The last 2 hires Gregory and Antigua were horrible hires. We wasted 9 years.

We have been one good hire from being successful in football for any sustained length of time since we fired Jim Leavitt. I don't follow basketball but based on their record they look to be dumpster fire as well for a long period of time.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

One example to those who say that we aren't a basketball program so we should not expect to win or even be middle of the pack. FAU is 14-1 right now.

If FAU can do it there is no reason we can't. You just need Kelly to make the right hire.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

58 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We have been one good hire from being successful in football for any sustained length of time since we fired Jim Leavitt. I don't follow basketball but based on their record they look to be dumpster fire as well for a long period of time.

Lol if people thought you were negative about USF football then USF basketball would make you beyond negative lol. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Lol if people thought you were negative about USF football then USF basketball would make you beyond negative lol. 

I can't help the AD rewarded failure with extensions instead of termination papers.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,976
  • Days Won:  12

Didn't understand the extension then, don't understand it now. If I were VPMK I would start my coaching search now and hope I don't need to execute on it 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Every darn year we finish last in both football and basketball. You can’t say that you are doing a good job as an Athletics Director with that record.

image.png.14045290c2fd84d0a9eb4038ab94374c.png