• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Enough is enough

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

Basketball will always have a tough time because you cant recruit just regionally like football to win. Florida is not a basketball state!  We need someone who knows where to get talent and can mold them.  Rick Pitino would fit that bill right now.  Unless you are Pitino you are going to have to do more with less and scheme against superior talent. 

If not him how about Calipari?  He might be available soon. Seems a fan got tossed at a UK game for having a sign that said "Go to Texas".  

• Haha 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If not him how about Calipari?  He might be available soon. Seems a fan got tossed at a UK game for having a sign that said "Go to Texas".  

I wonder if he would now be worth it? We did hire one of his assistants before. Calipari, Pitino, Boeheim have said USF has so much potential but will they be willing to make that sacrifice??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

I agree he would have been kept on. But if feel even if Scott had won 4 games that would not have  been sufficient  progress in my opinion to have given him another year. 

In my opinion a coach should get three years to turn around a program. If in year 3  a coach goes 4-8 after winning only 3 games in his first 2 seasons  that coach should not be retained.

Not going to go into the extenuating circumstances around CJS's 3 years here lest another ****storm ensue but if he showed almost any improvement last year, you give him another chance. This is 3 coaches out of 4 who have been 3 and out. You don't build programs like that. CJS was almost everything you want off the field and if there was a chance he could get it done on the field, you give it to him ...... but it was not to be.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Not going to go into the extenuating circumstances around CJS's 3 years here lest another ****storm ensue but if he showed almost any improvement last year, you give him another chance. This is 3 coaches out of 4 who have been 3 and out. You don't build programs like that. CJS was almost everything you want off the field and if there was a chance he could get it done on the field, you give it to him ...... but it was not to be.

He was great off the field and everything  you did not want on the field. He was a complete failure on the field where coaches are evaluated.  His biggest accomplishment was beating one fbs coach who got fired. His best accomplishment was donating to the ipf and fundraising for it. Thank you for donations but he set usf backwards. The issue  at hand is ad mk extending drastically  underperformed coaches for stability.  We sucked consistently under this unorthodox approach by MK.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Yes, I totally get that view; especially if het gets a pass for the first year due to covid. And my view on this might have changed if he did get the 4 wins, especially if those wins came in the second part of the season, and we had momentum at the end of the season. Also he seemed to be a decent recruiter especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Now having said that now that we are past covid ( I hope) there wont be excuses if Golesh can't turn us into a winning team by year 3.

Edited by belgianbull