• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pondering Football NILs and USF Investment Ratios

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

23 hours ago, E.T. said:

I hope the NIL gets organized across college sports . . .think it's basically for Football and a few select Basketball.

Most student athletes see NOTHING!

I think it's less Name, Image & Likeness and more Pay for Play.

I agree, but the question is would donors be ok with money going to soccer players or baseball players, or would they rather have the money go to the best football players, and perhaps  a few  star basketball players. Its possible that many football players will not see much of the NIL money either. It seems likely that most of the money will go to the best players which is probably fair.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

bill goldberg wrestling GIF by WWE

Who’s next?!??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I agree, but the question is would donors be ok with money going to soccer players or baseball players, or would they rather have the money go to the best football players, and perhaps  a few  star basketball players. Its possible that many football players will not see much of the NIL money either. It seems likely that most of the money will go to the best players which is probably fair.

No one really knows anything man. It is the wild wild west and the new frontier of college football.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

NIL is killing college football

jaden-rashada2.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Jaden Rashada, a four-star quarterback recruit, signed with the Florida Gators to begin his college career next year. But his reported $13 million NIL deal was reneged on.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

NIL is killing college football

jaden-rashada2.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Jaden Rashada, a four-star quarterback recruit, signed with the Florida Gators to begin his college career next year. But his reported $13 million NIL deal was reneged on.

13 million dollar deal for a four star recruit ? That's crazy! If that's representative of the type of money that will be paid for the best players; there is no way we will be able to compete with the top 25-30 teams. Doesn't mean we can't compete with group of 5 teams and lower power 5 teams, but the gap between the top 25 teams and the rest will widen significantly.

I am all for players earning money since most of them won't make it to the NFL, but there is no doubt that the NIL will change college football forever and probably not for the better.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Fun fact.  The international players were, like WBB, are not eligible for NIL money. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

What kind of NIL deal can Tampa Bay area put together for Tom Brady?  The retirement home industry should be able to scrape up some dough.  He likely still has that competitive spirit and he is now single and may want to mingle...

Shrinking the Nursing Home Until It Feels Like a Home - The New York Times