• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs Temple Owls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

But once again. USF leadership seems ok with below mediocrity. In most other places he would be gone.

Hopefully he will be gone at the end of the year. I don’t expect usf to ever be a basketball powerhouse, but we shouldn’t be this bad for this long. I should have become a coach…you can make a lot of money and not produce anything. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

3 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

But once again. USF leadership seems ok with below mediocrity. In most other places he would be gone.

Every game this year you can point to 2-3 possessions that cost us the outcome - well, that and the obvious (58% FT). This is so close to being a much different season that it’s ridiculous. This team is 7-8, 0-2 but just a play here and there away from being 12-3, 2-0.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Every game this year you can point to 2-3 possessions that cost us the outcome - well, that and the obvious (58% FT). This is so close to being a much different season that it’s ridiculous. This team is 7-8, 0-2 but just a play here and there away from being 12-3, 2-0.

58% FT is pathetic. I haven’t played in years, but could probably shoot better from the line.
Do you think Gregory is the coach to lead us out of this and make us successful? 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

FT shooting has been a yearly issue with BG teams. Don’t get fooled by that record, our OOC schedule was full of patsies. I give you that we have better players than in past, but the stupid play calls are just what we see from him in years.

I am a USF fans so I would still hope the switch happens and we see a difference, I wished the same with Scott.

BG has had ONE winning season here in six years. He is now 72-97 at USF, 26-63 in AAC. How many more chances should he get?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

FT shooting has been a yearly issue with BG teams.

And OA teams and SH teams and RM teams and SG teams.... poor free throws for MBB is a USF tradition unlike any other.

Edited by Jim Johnson

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

FT shooting has been a yearly issue with BG teams. Don’t get fooled by that record, our OOC schedule was full of patsies. I give you that we have better players than in past, but the stupid play calls are just what we see from him in years.

I am a USF fans so I would still hope the switch happens and we see a difference, I wished the same with Scott.

BG has had ONE winning season here in six years. He is now 72-97 at USF, 26-63 in AAC. How many more chances should he get?

IMO it’s time to move on from BG at the end of the season.  Being that far below .500 in the AAC is enough of a reason to show him the door. 

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

58% FT is pathetic. I haven’t played in years, but could probably shoot better from the line.
Do you think Gregory is the coach to lead us out of this and make us successful? 

No. I don’t believe he can get it done. I like this team. They are much better than what we’ve seen since the CBI year, but you can’t continue to be this bad at the line as a team, year after year, and you have to be able to give your guys something down the stretch in games that gives them a reason to believe they’re going to win. BG obviously can’t do that - either with Xs and Os or from a confidence standpoint. Against Memphis, BG had no answer for their press late and didn’t get the ball in the hands of the right guys or into any kind of halfcourt set that gave them a chance. Tonight, that 5-second call was unforgivable- right in front of your own bench. When the inbounds play he called didn’t immediately get the ball in, he needed to call timeout and reset. He trusts his players too much and they haven’t shown the ability to make good decisions in crunch time.

11 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

And OA teams and SH teams and RM teams and SG teams.... poor free throws for MBB is a USF tradition unlike any other.

True. You have to go all the way back to the Paschal teams to find ones at USF that shot it well from the line.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

51 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

A game we should have won, but Same old same old.  Terrible.  Cant shoot free throws, terrible shots, bad turnovers especially in crunch time.  We have better athletes, better shooters, but same poor coaching when it matters.   

Better shooters? Did you watch the game or check the stats?

51 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I don't know how many more times I can watch this movie with the same ending.

Exactly what I told my wife. We've seen the ending of this movie before.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

49 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I'm not sure there are any coaching calls.  The 5 second sums it up in a nut shell.  Your end of the court and the last thing that should have been said to the in bounds guy is DONT TAKE A 5 SECOND CALL

to be fair on the 5 second call Selton called timeout but the ref didn't hear him, thus resulting in the TO