• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

13 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Bro I've been wrong before ,ugh, cjs, BUT, I have a calming feeling of at least 6 wins this year. I think Coach G will know what pays to call and get us the touchdowns we needed. Now, coach Kevin Patrick has to kill it ....on the cruting trail.

:roflmao: Is this what they call a freudian slip? I mean, he did come from the SEC... :roflmao:🤣😎🤘

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

19 hours ago, Outlaw said:

We should have spent this effort on winning earlier.

We did make a ton of effort, but it didn't work and we whiffed.  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

On 12/6/2022 at 8:07 PM, BULLSHTR said:

Building an OCS and winning aren't mutually exclusive. Obviously we can do both and should. Off-campus home games are the lamest college football experience I've ever had. Even at Miami. I remember in '05, my friends and I got all painted up and had to take the metrorail to that game... with a bunch of people that couldn't care less there was a game happening. Compare that to games I went to at Auburn, FSU, UF, and even UCF, and it's clear why we have fallen behind. No on-campus gameday atmosphere. I have had the displeasure of attending games at the old Citrus Bowl too. Once C. Florida built their OCS, I knew it was a matter of time for their program to pass us. Been saying it since '07. Sure, winning is #1, but overall fan experience is right up there and can help buoy a program when they are down.

This is spot on... 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

If there is any good that comes out of UCF, Cincy, and Houston having moved ahead of us in conference realignment is that we will soon have our own OCS. I don't think its by chance that the decision to finally push on for an OCS came soon after the most recent exodus by AAC teams for the Big 12. I am glad, but wish the decision had been made about a decade sooner. However being late is better then never, and I believe that the OCS will help us in the long run to get in a Power 5 conference.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

If there is any good that comes out of UCF, Cincy, and Houston having moved ahead of us in conference realignment is that we will soon have our own OCS. I don't think its by chance that the decision to finally push on for an OCS came soon after the most recent exodus by AAC teams for the Big 12. I am glad, but wish the decision had been made about a decade sooner. However being late is better then never, and I believe that the OCS will help us in the long run to get in a Power 5 conference.

It forced their hand.  At least the current leadership did not try and stick their heads in the ground like the group did with the Big East exploded.  That was the first shot across the bow that they ignored.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638

17 minutes ago, Rizman said:

It forced their hand.  At least the current leadership did not try and stick their heads in the ground like the group did with the Big East exploded.  That was the first shot across the bow that they ignored.

I just hope the OCS comes with winning seasons.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

We did make a ton of effort, but it didn't work and we whiffed.  

We did? WE extended a coach with one fbs win in two seasons with zero actual signs pointing to improving? We kept him around to just take us even further backwards than the program he inherited. I don't think extending a coach with one fbs win is committing to winning on the field in any world other.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We did? WE extended a coach with one fbs win in two seasons with zero actual signs pointing to improving? We kept him around to just take us even further backwards than the program he inherited. I don't think extending a coach with one fbs win is committing to winning on the field in any world other.

Oh No Facepalm GIF by Aminé