• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A 2-4-8 Three Season Forecast Approach..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

If Coach A ignores the defense we might only win 2 games. He is head coach not just OC anymore. 

Huge gaps on D still. A few weeks left to see if he is taking the gaps seriously.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

LOL ... then shut it down. Not saying we won't win 4, 5 or even 6, who knows, but there's been no reason other than basically "just because" given to expect that many ....

There's reasons:

FAMU, Rice, FAU, Charlotte, Temple

There's 5 right there

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

If we expect 2 wins then I am not sure why anyone even bothers to follow this team.  We have been awful but a turnaround is not a 3-4 year process like the last guy led you to believe.  How was Tulane able to turn it around in one season, TCU?  It can be done and we should expect to actually win some games this year, unlike the last couple of years.  I am not sure some of you have grasped the level of incompetence of our prior HC, he will go down in infamy as one of the worst Division 1 coaches of all time, he was a joke.  I know one thing, if I was expecting this team to win 2 games with this watered down schedule then I would also expect to not bother watching a single game this season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

There's reasons:

FAMU, Rice, FAU, Charlotte, Temple

There's 5 right there

All 5 had better seasons than we did last year but I'm sure there is some solid, data based reasoning to expect us to win any of them outside of FAMU ..... I'm all "ears". Without some of that type reasoning, maybe we should expect to go undefeated, just because.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

All 5 had better seasons than we did last year but I'm sure there is some solid, data based reasoning to expect us to win any of them outside of FAMU ..... I'm all "ears". Without some of that type reasoning, maybe we should expect to go undefeated, just because.

Our expectations shouldn't change because we haven't had our **** together for 5 years (or more).  By that line of reasoning we should just expect 0 wins forever.  Expecting our football team to be able to win 4 out of those 5 games at home isn't unrealistic.  The fact that anyone in our fan base feels that way is part of the problem.  They're job is to win football games.  Expecting them to do so shouldn't be considered unrealistic and this board going into a tizzy because they don't shouldn't be considered the fault of those on this board with actual expectations.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

They didnt play our same schedule so having a better record doesn't mean much.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

15 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They didnt play our same schedule so having a better record doesn't mean much.

The sad thing is that our schedule this past season turned out to be not as hard as we thought. We start with the OOC games with BYU falling on their face this season. UF was terrible and USF pretty much had them beat at the Swamp. UL ended up being the toughest OOC opponent for USF. Next season the OOC  will be much harder with BAMA, UConn, WKU & FAMU. The conference schedule was not too bad with Cincy & UCIF taking a step down.  Tulane we had at home so we will probably be on road against Tulane. UTSA will probably light up the school board in the Alamo Dome. UAB will destroy us..

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Bull Awakening said:

The sad thing is that our schedule this past season turned out to be not as hard as we thought. We start with the OOC games with BYU falling on their face this season. UF was terrible and USF pretty much had them beat at the Swamp. UL ended up being the toughest OOC opponent for USF. Next season the OOC  will be much harder with BAMA, UConn, WKU & FAMU. The conference schedule was not too bad with Cincy & UCIF taking a step down.  Tulane we had at home so we will probably be on road against Tulane. UTSA will probably light up the school board in the Alamo Dome. UAB will destroy us..

We wont be playing Tulane for two years. Wont be playing SMU or ECU either. UAB and FAU will just as us have a first year coach. Rice, Temple, and Charlotte at home. The schedule is the weakest we have played since I was still a student; that's  20 years ago. There will be no excuses if we don't get 4 to 5 wins. New coaches come in and win in their first year all the time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

We wont be playing Tulane for two years. Wont be playing SMU or ECU either. UAB and FAU will just as us have a first year coach. Rice, Temple, and Charlotte at home. The schedule is the weakest we have played since I was still a student; that's  20 years ago. There will be no excuses if we don't get 4 to 5 wins. New coaches come in and win in their first year all the time.

Hope you are right. UAB won their bowl game so they have momentum. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bull Awakening said:

Hope you are right. UAB won their bowl game so they have momentum. 

I hope you're joking