• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF - U Stupid *****

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

9 hours ago, USFreak said:

I'll also add to your "they haven't won many games that really matter."

They actually got to play in games that could've mattered.  USF is worried about the next ugly uniform they are going to wear rather than trying to win a game that matters.  UCF has played in some big games (much bigger than USF for sure) but they've also racked up winning season after winning season.  USF has been a bootlicker for a while now.

I consider you a pretty steady hand in this stuff but a lot of what I'm reading about is a reach.  Simply put, UCF has eaten our lunch.  If you don't see that you are delusional or blind.

(Dave, obviously I'm posturing here.  Don't take the above seriously like I'm insulting you.  It is more just how I write and you know that by now. :-))  

I know you well enough to understand that. You'll always be my boy, Blue!  😉

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

Let's not even consider the fact that going 3-28 the last few seasons might  contribute to them waxing nostalgic.   I can understand why they would.  Losing some games is not as painful as losing almost ALL games.  Your point might have relevance if the team had had a pulse the last few seasons.

Well said.

My bigger issue is the next conference realignment will likely be the last.  It will happen in the next 5 years and USF is poised to get passed over again.  A winless team with no on-campus stadium and a smattering of fans is what nobody wants. 

I can almost hear "but our TV market!"  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

18 minutes ago, USFreak said:

But our TV market.  All we need is some positive momentum and we are good.  Getting that started is another thing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, USFreak said:

Well said.

My bigger issue is the next conference realignment will likely be the last.  It will happen in the next 5 years and USF is poised to get passed over again.  A winless team with no on-campus stadium and a smattering of fans is what nobody wants. 

It's not your issue any longer. You're a UCF fan now and just a graduate and casual observer of USF .... Why not just move along, stop bothering us and if/when WE get this thing turned around, you can come back.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

On 12/5/2022 at 8:40 AM, Mission9 said:

Let's not even consider the fact that going 3-28 the last few seasons might  contribute to them waxing nostalgic.   I can understand why they would.  Losing some games is not as painful as losing almost ALL games.  Your point might have relevance if the team had had a pulse the last few seasons.

Every time I bring it up, I am accused of being a Taggart shill, but he had USF going in the right direction in his last two years.   However, money talks, and he jumped ship.  Any coach in his right mind would do the same thing since there is no loyalty between employers and employees anymore.   USF should have been prepared for that, but they went with Strong who tore down Taggart's Gulf Coast offense.  I was very down on Taggart after his first and second season, but his third and fourth seasons were fun to watch.   Not saying that USF should have hired him again, since I would not trust him.   The Strong hire was a really bad one because of what he did to that offense.   He had zero imagination and went with the boring pro set that never worked at USF.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

23 hours ago, USFreak said:

Well said.

the tv market got rutgers in big ten

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, smazza said:

the tv market got rutgers in big ten

Totally true and certainly the lead factor.  The others which I am sure helped were that they are a nationally recognized name brand.  They are cited as playing Princeton in the first football game and are generally respected as a quality school.  Even if you did not watch sports but maybe stumbled upon an episode of Mr. Magoo, you might know about Rutgers.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

Every time I bring it up, I am accused of being a Taggart shill, but he had USF going in the right direction in his last two years.   However, money talks, and he jumped ship.  Any coach in his right mind would do the same thing since there is no loyalty between employers and employees anymore.   USF should have been prepared for that, but they went with Strong who tore down Taggart's Gulf Coast offense.  I was very down on Taggart after his first and second season, but his third and fourth seasons were fun to watch.   Not saying that USF should have hired him again, since I would not trust him.   The Strong hire was a really bad one because of what he did to that offense.   He had zero imagination and went with the boring pro set that never worked at USF.

Taggart is the only one who had any decent seasons which you cannot argue were merely a carryover from the previous coach. I certainly am not one to dismiss the good seasons we had in the middle of all of the losing which has happened the last 13 years.  Some are mad that he left and I get that but I cannot blame him as I can recall many wanting him canned as he was rebuilding.  

In any event, I do not see any conflict in pointing out what each guy did here to win and having a positive opinion of both even if there were marked weaknesses. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

12 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Totally true and certainly the lead factor.  The others which I am sure helped were that they are a nationally recognized name brand.  They are cited as playing Princeton in the first football game and are generally respected as a quality school.  Even if you did not watch sports but maybe stumbled upon an episode of Mr. Magoo, you might know about Rutgers.

mr magoo always closed the deal

i loved thart cartoon

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

Actually they offered him the same amount of money. It was USF's fault they got relegated to a weaker conference and he jumped ship.