• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alex Golesh ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, IBulleve said:

They were 0-for and hired a hot shot OC with zero HC experience at a big time program.  The roster that Scott Frost inherited was barren of talent and had to be totally rebuilt (by a guy with no HC experience). The very thing people here are so worried about because we missed on an OC with our last hire. That’s my point

Great points.  There's as many examples of OC with not HC experience having success as there are experienced HC's making a step up and falling flat on their face.  We will have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Please, that can't be the bar....

Just now, Rocky Style said:

I think it is.  We are being dragged into the abyss.

It's the bar for the short term

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Johaan said:

Larger fanbase perhaps? This isn't trending well here or in the twitterverse after that s-show of a hiring hype. Sure doesn't feel like the splash hire we hoped for, and many here still wanted a chance for CJL to come back before it came to this. For the record, I wasn't a huge fan of Chadwell either.

I don't really f-ing matter to USF as a fan except for TV ratings, so my confidence doesn't matter other than being an older member of a dwindling fanbase. I left Tampa >25 years ago never to return, have never seen a game in person, and don't donate much. But for a long time I watched every single game and I had a hell of a lot of fun during the CJL years, streaming before it was a thing. Haven't had much fun since.

It is the ONLY football I've watched in the last couple decades, don't care for any other teams, so I'm really only a USF fan, not a football fan. I pay attention to what's going on, but my post count shows I don't live and die by football. 

I often say, USF did not have football when I attended and I did not care then... has not had much of a team in recent years .. but here I am still, waiting to see if we can get some of that excitement back. 

If he succeeds, great. I hope he does. Am a confident, no. I'll watch the first game next season and get a sense on how much to reengage on USF. 

Stopped reading after you said it’s not trending well in the Twitter verse. Go look at some of the respected offensive scheme football pages. Ran by former coaches who know ball. They love this hire because of the scheme. No one knows if he will be a homerun. No one ever knows when you hire a guy. But this is NOT Jeff Scott. And I’m willing to bet if we didn’t flirt with such a polarizing figure figure in prime, the sentiment in our own community would be much different. In reality, “missing” on prime has no barring on if this hire will be a success or not. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I wonder how many UGA fans were pissed they hired Kirby Smart after having zero HC experience and being under a defensive HC. Did he even call plays????

QFT

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

@Johaan, I'm so happy you still check in and your voice can be heard.  Thank you.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, olafberserker said:

QFT

Well it worked out great but he recruited very well and ran a great defense.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

Stopped reading after you said it’s not trending well in the Twitter verse. Go look at some of the respected offensive scheme football pages. Ran by former coaches who know ball. They love this hire because of the scheme. No one knows if he will be a homerun. No one ever knows when you hire a guy. But this is NOT Jeff Scott. And I’m willing to bet if we didn’t flirt with such a polarizing figure figure in prime, the sentiment in our own community would be much different. In reality, “missing” on prime has no barring on if this hire will be a success or not. 

Agreed!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

In reality, “missing” on prime has no barring on if this hire will be a success or not. 

This is a fact.  We just missed out on the epic recruitment and spotlight to skip ahead in line.  Now we have to wait and see and we've been waiting and seeing for many, many years. 

I still haven't seen a win in person since the SCar bowl game

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

Really. I was agreeing with a lot of what you had to say, now you are just being a jackass.

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well it worked out great but he recruited very well and ran a great defense.

captain obvious hotels.com GIF