• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is coming??

Who is coming??  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Of course it is possible, but I think many on here (possibly you included) are acting like MK's job is only to hire football coaches.  There is a ton that he has done right and our program is much better off than it was when he got here.  Now we need to win now (and needed to win more the past 3 years obviously) but the idea that he has been completely inept at his job is absurd.  We also don't know anymore that he was "outplayed" than we know that he wasn't.   if the next coach wins games, then the search was a success regardless

Our basketball team and football team are the worst it has ever been; we were left behind in conference realignment; a lot of silence lately regarding the OCS. If Kelly fails to get a good coach; I don't know by what metric that he is doing well right now. I will never understand the across the board contract extensions last year.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

Just now, Brad said:

A couple weeks ago.  Passed on him because he was 7 years older than Deion.

Has been connected to UNLV gig.

The guy had some serious success at TCU. He’s 62, so there’s some good years left in him and he always had quality defenses.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I put the link to the Gary Patterson thread on my previous post if you want to look at it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

Our basketball team and football team are the worst it has ever been; we were left behind in conference realignment; a lot of silence lately regarding the OCS. If Kelly fails to get a good coach; I don't know by what metric that he is doing well right now. I will never understand the across the board contract extensions last year.

Yep.  Michael Kelly is responsible for this steaming pile of dung known as USF athletics

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

12 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Basketball and football have been bad since long before MK and the reason we were left behind in realignment is because this program has been neglected since Judy forced the Jim out.  it isn't being neglected anymore and that is because of MK.   Like I said though, if the next football coach doesn't win games then that's an issue for sure.

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

I put the link to the Gary Patterson thread on my previous post if you want to look at it.

I could live with that.  I think Manny Diaz is about the only guy right now that I turn my nose at.  Not sure why, but just doesn't say much to me

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

I think Manny Diaz is about the only guy right now that I turn my nose at.  Not sure why, but just doesn't say much to me

Same.  He's missing something.

12 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Yep.  Michael Kelly is responsible for this steaming pile of dung known as USF athletics

That's an extremely simple and shortsighted evaluation of USF athletics.  Issues started long ago

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

That's an extremely simple and shortsighted evaluation of USF athletics.  Issues started long ago

His first major hire in a revenue sport was an epic failure and then he chose to extend this failure along with all of the other coaches including Brian Gregory who should have been fired long ago.  A lot of the blame for the ****** performance of our revenue sports falls at his feet.

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

His first major hire in a revenue sport was an epic failure and then he chose to extend this failure along with all of the other coaches including Brian Gregory who should have been fired long ago.  A lot of the blame for the ****** performance of our revenue sports falls at his feet.

Extensions mean nothing.  CJS was fired anyway and CBG will be as well.  Coaching hires are a crap shoot and he definitely crapped out on CJS but at the time he was just as up and coming as most of the current candidates.   The poor performance of MBB and football during his tenure are failures for MK for sure but we aren't where we are strictly because of him and there are success overall under his watch.  I'm not so much defending MK as I am pointing out that there is more to the picture.   We'll see what ends up happening with the new coach

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds like Garrett Riley is now in the mix with an interview possibly coming soon.