• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Decision Has Been Made

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Sorry there is a freeze in place at this time.  We'd ask everyone to please remain on topic as best as possilbe.*

*I'm fully aware that is impossible.

image.png.63a87ce91ee622eb7e316ac5e8aa181f.png

Hey Mr Brad, we should do a virtual Happy Hour on Sunday night. I would have said Monday but have a beer dinner that night.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

Or the same Co-DC...

90 Day Fiance Fighting GIF by TLC

or maybe get those Co-DC's to see if they want to have a retirement job together in beautiful Tampa, Florida.

Is there a risk Leavitt wouldn't be the same? Sure, but having Stoops with him would make it worth that risk

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

or maybe get those Co-DC's to see if they want to have a retirement job together in beautiful Tampa, Florida.

Is there a risk Leavitt wouldn't be the same? Sure, but having Stoops with him would make it worth that risk

Plus CJL rehire is probably a short term thing. Maybe 3 to 4 seasons and everyone rides off into the sunset happy 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

20 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Plus CJL rehire is probably a short term thing. Maybe 3 to 4 seasons and everyone rides off into the sunset happy 

This was my original thought right after Scott was fired... Make it a longer term deal on paper, but have an agreement with Leavitt to retire if things don't go well. The reality is that anyone we hire is likely a short term thing, either they are great and get poached, or they are terrible and we have to fire them... I guess conceivably, there is a coach out there that could be middling that we would hang on to, but in this conference, with the talent in this state, there is no reason we should settle for less than double digit wins every other year at least.

If I am VPMK, I am doing some back door deal with CJL, 2 years, come back, help raise money for the stadium, then... if you're not successful (bowl in year 2), retire and get a huge ceremony when the stadium opens.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

This was my original thought right after Scott was fired... Make it a longer term deal on paper, but have an agreement with Leavitt to retire if things don't go well. The reality is that anyone we hire is likely a short term thing, either they are great and get poached, or they are terrible and we have to fire them... I guess conceivably, there is a coach out there that could be middling that we would hang on to, but in this conference, with the talent in this state, there is no reason we should settle for less than double digit wins every other year at least.

If I am VPMK, I am doing some back door deal with CJL, 2 years, come back, help raise money for the stadium, then... if you're not successful (bowl in year 2), retire and get a huge ceremony when the stadium opens.

Heck yes!  Sounds great to me 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

11 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

And if it doesn't happen, what is going on this week happens. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

42 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

XFL folded many years ago. XFL 2.0 May fold again. Who knows. The Rock may be able to keep it going. Sniffing The Rock GIF

XFL did fold years ago,  XFL 2.0 folded mid season due to the pandemic, XFL 3.0 is the charm and starts this spring, buckle up, it will be exciting!!! Or not

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

After all this getting Dan Mullen would be hilarious.

Or, candidates like Mullen flying off the board elsewhere will leave me nervous incase we strike out on Prime and Chadwell. I could stomach a Mullen/Herman consolation. A WIllie Simmons consolation and I'll need a break

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Not going to happen, he will have enough athletes to win in our conference.  

Interactive Email Game | Build a Magic 8 Ball in Your Email

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

No one in the mainstream press is even talking about Leavitt.   The only people bringing up his name are clowns on this message board and five people surveyed at the game, and those are probably people on this message board.   No serious person would consider bringing him back.   If you want nostalgia, go watch some old clips on YouTube.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1