• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Dang that sucks. He would’ve been amazing here in every sense. I think he might’ve even done better here than in cold ass Colorado even with their $$$ and P5 status. 

I don't think he was ever coming here we were used to drive up his value and demand. Next man up Leavitt or Chadwell.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

I think he's restricted to taking the jobs that are offered. I don't see Colorado as being overly worse than USF.  They're already in P5land. I don't know that any top-tier programs have expressed interest in having him take over, so I think Colorado and USF is six of one, half a dozen of the other. 

If he is looking to land a gig to catapult him into a dream job then USF is a no brainer over Colorado.  He can come in and clean house, generate a buzz, rebuild a team and look like a hero in his own back yard recruiting.  He goes to Colorado and becomes an average coach in a conf, state and region that doesn’t give two violation about college football and gets lost in the shuffle. We will see what kind of long term vision Prime has.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,484
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don't think he was ever coming here we were used to drive up his value and demand. Next man up Leavitt or Chadwell.

Leavitt > Chadwell

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Dang that sucks. He would’ve been amazing here in every sense. I think he might’ve even done better here than in cold ass Colorado even with their $$$ and P5 status. 

I wouldn’t look too far into it yet. What’s not mentioned is that he could have “legit interest” in the USF job as well. Saying you’re interested in one thing doesn’t mean there isn’t interest in another, and this article doesn’t provide much insight to any decisions being made. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

He could win the Pac 12 as easy as the AAC.

He can build a winner in a more fertile familiar recruiting territory and not competing with USC/UCLA/ Utah etc..so I would beg to differ. IMO I am not sure Boulder provides him the ethnic flavor he may desire as well. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He can build a winner in a more fertile familiar recruiting territory and not competing with USC/UCLA/ Utah etc..so I would beg to differ. IMO I am not sure Boulder provides him the ethnic flavor he may desire as well. 

Don't forget usc and UCLA are going to the big ten in 2024 so the PAC 12 will be much weaker 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

Don't forget usc and UCLA are going to the big ten in 2024 so the PAC 12 will be much weaker 

I did forget, my bad and good point.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,074
  • Days Won:  469

26 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I deleted my comment because it wasn’t a perfect comparison.  But when those two are gone, it’s a very weak conference.   If Dion is what people here thinks he will be or could be then that PAC 12 conference should also be owned by him.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

I'd be surprised if Deion is going to the spot that offers him the most money.   I'm not convinced he is going to be successful at the next level.  Coaching at a G5 might be his best bet, but Im sure he will chase the money a P5 offers over a G5

17 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I'd be surprised if Deion is going to the spot that offers him the most money.   I'm not convinced he is going to be successful at the next level.  Coaching at a G5 might be his best bet, but Im sure he will chase the money a P5 offers over a G5

95 percent of the time I agree with you however Deion is living large and he certainly didn’t take his last gig for money.  His ego is worth way more to him then money and if he is playing long ball then this is simply a better route in my opinion to a potential FSU HC position which is his long term goal.