• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Maybe, just maybe some of these players are just sick and tired of losing and don’t want to use their remaining eligibility on another rebuild.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I was hoping for him last when he entered the portal last year. He kick a$$ at Arkansas this year - 

"During Arkansas' 13 games this season, Domineck played 316 snaps and recorded 34 total tackles, 7.5 sacks, 9.5 tackles for loss, 12 QB hurries, four missed tackles and two forced fumbles. He had the second most sacks on Arkansas' team this year and he was tied for third in the SEC in sacks. "

That would be a big get. I like it. We still need one or two 300 plus pound linemen for the dt.

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Well that sucks. Wasn’t he the backup to Cecil?

I was counting on him to lead this oline. Hopefully Golesh has some experiences talent transferring in for the trenchmafia.

Edited by Outlaw

On 11/28/2022 at 1:54 PM, flsportsfan83 said:

Antonio Brown have any eligibility?

We do have a history of guys quitting during a game under Strong. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

... Coach Golesh will need to convince current players that the future of USF football is bright.

NIL plays heavy on players decisions . . . seems to be on equal ground as Coaches and Facilities.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572

15 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

That would be a big get. I like it. We still need one or two 300 plus pound linemen for the dt.

I was counting on him to lead this oline. Hopefully Golesh has some experiences talent transferring in for the trenchmafia.

If he can give us that type of production, it's worth losing most of our current DE's to the portal for him. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, E.T. said:

NIL plays heavy on players decisions . . . seems to be on equal ground as Coaches and Facilities.

That's true and the power 5 schools will have an advantage. The good news is that every AAC team will be in the same boat and will be affected about equally when it comes to the NIL and the transfer portal, so we will have to adapt. We wont be able to use it as an excuse if we don't win in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Maybe, just maybe some of these players are just sick and tired of losing and don’t want to use their remaining eligibility on another rebuild.

This is probably the most ignored reason for any of our players transferring. For those who went from CCS to CJS, they all have PTSD and maybe want to  jump on a team with more stability. 

19 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This is probably the most ignored reason for any of our players transferring. For those who went from CCS to CJS, they all have PTSD and maybe want to  jump on a team with more stability. 

I understand they are tired of losing because most of the fans, donors, and alumni that care about football are as well. The difference is they truly can be the group that erases the suck or hope to get results at a different program. We have found out who are the true BULLS for life players such as the fans that have suffered and have identified players that really are just out for themselves in a dog eat dog world. I don't think one way is better than the other from a player's point of view, but as a fan it can be disheartening. We need talent everywhere on defense especially in the trenches, we need a few quality linemen on offense that could start if necessary, and I believe Golesh started the #trenchmafia hastag so I hope he is trying to make that happen.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

21 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Im hoping for DT, OL and WR from portal

Our D will still struggle next season. Additional to the positions Cuban mentioned above, I'd love to see some additional LBers & CBs.

46 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Our D will still struggle next season. Additional to the positions Cuban mentioned above, I'd love to see some additional LBers & CBs.

I would welcome any quality players on defense.