• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,502
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I would say we can't go down very much more so we are hovering right around the bottom.  The trajectory is flat.

The key will to make sure AAC is at least the top 6 conference starting in 2024 just about every season. Do that and the recruiting will pick up as they want to play in the playoffs Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/20/2022 at 5:44 AM, bulloni said:

your kidding yourself if you think Tulsa, ECU, Tulane, and Temple were beating us because they were out recruiting us. We got the talent on this roster to make a bowl next year

you may be right

but we lose lose and lose and i really dont see how it will change 

you make it sound like we have a proven coaching staff now

we have young or experienced unaccomplished coaches.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, smazza said:

you may be right

but we lose lose and lose and i really dont see how it will change 

you make it sound like we have a proven coaching staff now

we have young or experienced unaccomplished coaches.

What if this staff puts in the work gameplanning-wise?  It's not like we didn't have the tools.  

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Regarding all the talk about signing a few transfer DT's, I agree fully but this position to seems to be in the most demand in College Football. It seems like every team is looking to add a few big bodies on the D-Line.

Hopefully, we can convince 1 or 2 quality DT's to join us!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

And end up staying . . . last year was a heartbreaker.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

Staying on topic for this thread. This might be hands down the most success of our "transfer out" class ever. 5 transferred out to p5 schools. 2 transfered to g6 schools and there will probably  be 2 FCS transfers in Vincnt Davis and Christian Helms. 

usf2.JPG.b675171670a08f2f947f103c27b687c6.JPG870131896_usf3.JPG.4e856e8e7a4ebf264610187a50797045.JPG

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

39 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Staying on topic for this thread. This might be hands down the most success of our "transfer out" class ever. 5 transferred out to p5 schools. 2 transfered to g6 schools and there will probably  be 2 FCS transfers in Vincnt Davis and Christian Helms. 

usf2.JPG.b675171670a08f2f947f103c27b687c6.JPG870131896_usf3.JPG.4e856e8e7a4ebf264610187a50797045.JPG

It just further proves the point that this year's lack of success wasn't due to talent.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

So did Mangham just quit on the team?  To sit out the whole season and then portal out. I don't know, he was such a non-entity, it's hard to tell.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Regarding all the talk about signing a few transfer DT's, I agree fully but this position to seems to be in the most demand in College Football. It seems like every team is looking to add a few big bodies on the D-Line.

Hopefully, we can convince 1 or 2 quality DT's to join us!

Charlotte had like 10 Dline transfers. And these dudes are getting snatched up quick. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

So did Mangham just quit on the team?  To sit out the whole season and then portal out. I don't know, he was such a non-entity, it's hard to tell.  

I think they said early on that his absence was injury related. I've had questions myself if it started out as injury related and quickly became "preserve the transfer year" when they saw how well the offense works with Battie in the backfield. Mangham is definitely better served in a downhill, pro-style running game than the spread, speed running game that we had in place this season.

• Upvote 1