• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Right about now we could hire just about anyone and I’d have my doubts about them. Been burnt too many times by USF. 

16 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I’m with you - and the athletic department needed someone they could tout to ticket holders. The name Jamey Chadwell won’t do that for our buddy John Lewis, et al. Maybe it will down the line if he wins a bunch of games, but it will bring a shrug right now.

If we could have landed Deion the season ticket accounts would have skyrocketed. I’d say most USF fans have no clue about Jamey Chadwell and coastal Carolina 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

If we could have landed Deion the season ticket accounts would have skyrocketed. I’d say most USF fans have no clue about Jamey Chadwell and coastal Carolina 

THIS! We get who we get but Chadwell will not move the needle at all and that's what we need. Yes we need to win but you can have BOTH

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

40 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

This is how I feel.  I like it.

Deon was never on the table, this is a good call.

The aac will be getting a seat at the playoff table every year, there’s potential to grow into a top program from this league.  No other non p5 conference can honestly say that.  Embrace the changes, new stadium new staff new league with better access.  Aside from big east buyout money the program is in a far better situation heading into 25/26 than we were in 2012/13 when the American started.  

Not sure about that the three best programs in the aac moved up and we got left with the leftovers and conference usa teams. No team added will draw big interest from outsiders  or new fans. The only thing we can do is win and hope for a call up.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Other than some dude on Twitter with 30 followers, is anyone else reporting Chadwell to USF? Seems odd there are no other reports.

for all you naysayers, Napier went from Louisiana (Sun Belt) to University of Florida! It is not like USF has great track record to be disappointed in Chadwell

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

37 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Right about now, any win is a good win. Can’t afford to be choosey.

Not saying wins aren’t progress but it’s astonishing how much we wasted our potential. We went from meteoric rise into power conference to hoping for more than 2 wins in Conference USA 2.0. In the meantime, our neighbor to the east has left us in the dust. In the big picture of things, it blows no matter how you frame it.

• Upvote 1

Has USF officially said the new coach will be named tomorrow at 8am?

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336

I am calling BS on Chadwell to USF! Not seeing any reputable reports of this.

FYI, USF would be lucky to get Chadwell! With our terrible records over last 5 years, not like we are a great job! USF is big risk 

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

Who knows….

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Not sure about that the three best programs in the aac moved up and we got left with the leftovers and conference usa teams. No team added will draw big interest from outsiders  or new fans. The only thing we can do is win and hope for a call up.

The fact that three already did it without virtually guaranteed playoff access just shows how much better the situation will be for us.  We didn’t get the call up, time to move on from that thinking and commit to being ready next time.  Winning is all that matters and *if* it’s Chadwell then he specializes in offense from the skill positions, which is an area we do well in naturally, his offense will do well in the aac.  Primary focus on recruiting should be hs/transfer linemen indefinitely then get those speedy athletic p5 transfers at skill positions.  Winning turnaround formula.  Slowly start hoarding higher percentage of quality g5/fringe p5 talent will help keep us in rankings.  Rankings bring casual fans/interest.