• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Q - Missed Opportunity

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

I am very well aware that there was a separate HOF event and at least one positive article written, but Q was covered in the game today for less than 10 seconds...the entire HOF part was maybe a minute. I admit that I was not in my seat for all of halftime so perhaps there was something recognizing him then and will retract this statement if I am mistaken. Assuming I am not, seems like a massively blown opportunity to spotlight a guy who might be the greatest player ever for us. Really baffling to me that this wasn't a huge and extremely widely publicized thing. I met Q while tailgating and he was with a few guys...played catch with my son, spent a ton of time with us...but he was not properly exalted the way he deserves to be. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, mj796 said:

I am very well aware that there was a separate HOF event and at least one positive article written, but Q was covered in the game today for less than 10 seconds...the entire HOF part was maybe a minute. I admit that I was not in my seat for all of halftime so perhaps there was something recognizing him then and will retract this statement if I am mistaken. Assuming I am not, seems like a massively blown opportunity to spotlight a guy who might be the greatest player ever for us. Really baffling to me that this wasn't a huge and extremely widely publicized thing. I met Q while tailgating and he was with a few guys...played catch with my son, spent a ton of time with us...but he was not properly exalted the way he deserves to be. 

I somewhat agree. To be honest, I’m not sure what could have been done at any part of this season that would’ve felt adequate.
I had the exact same sentiment on senior night when he played his last game to a stadium peppered with a few fans. We came up short. Hopefully, when the stadium opens in a few years, they can honor all of the HoF again. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

All 3 Hall of Fame inductees were on the field and recognized during a TV timeout in the first quarter, so I am assuming that is when you meant?

Edited by John Lewis

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

We, STM's, are getting a Q bobblehead our last game ..... which was a brilliant move to get people there for our, hopefully, final infestation.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We, STM's, are getting a Q bobblehead our last game ..... which was a brilliant move to get people there for our, hopefully, final infestation.

Not all of us.  OOT STDs OOL. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, John Lewis said:

All 3 Hall of Fame inductees were on the field and recognized during a TV timeout in the first quarter, so I am assuming that is when you meant?

Yes...really disappointing to squeeze something so important into a TV timeout. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Brad said:

Great point. It would be nice if they would take care of you guys ........ and I'm not touching "STD's".

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Brad said:

??  OutOfTown? Some kind of disease? OOL? Not a clue.

HELP!

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Great point. It would be nice if they would take care of you guys ........ and I'm not touching "STD's".

What is it brings a conference championship to USF?

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

??  OutOfTown? Some kind of disease? OOL? Not a clue.

HELP!

Out Of Luck, I'm assuming ....... Brad can be whiny at times ..... but still hope he gets one somehow.