• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It’s time Mike Kelly makes a public statement on the direction of USF football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

17 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Her statement would be "I trust that Michael Kelly will do what is in the best interest of athletics." 

First, consider that athletics had a record year in fundraising, under the leadership of Michael Kelly.  PRL and BOT aren't going to force him to do anything he doesn't want to do.

---------------

If you delay the OCS process AT ALL, you might as well fold it up completely and accept the fact that USF will be no better than Temple.

--------------------

There may be other staff changes coming as well.  We can expect Gregory to be on the short list... plus there may be others in Olympic sports...  Can USF afford $5 million to pay three or four coaches to leave?

Oh, and realize this... every time USF fired a coach - the next coach had a HIGHER salary than the guy he replaced.  Jeff Scott is the highest paid football coach USF has ever had.  Firing him means paying his buyout ($2.5 - $3 million) and then finding another $2.5-$3 million for the next coach.

For fans it's about wins and losses... but athletics is a business - and costs are very likely factored in.

That said, Powerball will be $1.9 billion on Monday (Nov 7th).  Just saying.

Taggart's salary was much lower than Skip Holtz.

Our 2 best coaches were our two cheapest.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

15 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Her statement would be "I trust that Michael Kelly will do what is in the best interest of athletics." 

As much as this is like nails on a chalkboard to some, I think it's entirely accurate ........

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

As much as this is like nails on a chalkboard to some, I think it's entirely accurate ........

I honestly don’t know what MK could say at this point short of he has fired CJS that would satisfy us.  Dave is right about the finances, I am sure they have been crunching the numbers and have been for awhile, I am confident CJS is gone this year they are simply trying to figure out how to do it.  Mike doesn’t want to say anything until he has his ducks in a row and will stay quiet until then.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I honestly don’t know what MK could say at this point short of he has fired CJS that would satisfy us.  Dave is right about the finances, I am sure they have been crunching the numbers and have been for awhile, I am confident CJS is gone this year they are simply trying to figure out how to do it.  Mike doesn’t want to say anything until he has his ducks in a row and will stay quiet until then.

If he doesn't have his ducks in a row then what the hell is he doing here? That is part of his job. He should have had this marked on his calendar the day the schedule was released. For all we know he did and has a plan but I don't think his plan involves winning anytime soon. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

the big 12 doesn't want a program not willing to spend money to be competitive. you have to fire him for no other reason than to show big 12 you want  to compete. there is a huge difference in AAC money and big 12 money.

3 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

If he doesn't have his ducks in a row then what the hell is he doing here? That is part of his job. He should have had this marked on his calendar the day the schedule was released. For all we know he did and has a plan but I don't think his plan involves winning anytime soon. 

I assume discussing the financing and how to make the numbers work is a bit tricky working with the BOT. And to your question “what in the hell is he doing here?” I really don’t have an answer to that question.

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I assume discussing the financing and how to make the numbers work is a bit tricky working with the BOT. And to your question “what in the hell is he doing here?” I really don’t have an answer to that question.

If I'm the AD, those discussions were had going into this year.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sk00b
BOTs should have also had the VPMK discussions
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Instead MK was busy handing out extensions

8 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Instead MK was busy handing out extensions

It sure fooled all the recruits. Brilliant plan!

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

19 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

I am sure they had higher level discussions, not sure they went into great detail and drilled down to the level necessary to pull the trigger.  I am not defending VPMK just making an observation.  To operate at this level of ineptitude in our 2 major sports is a collective effort and he holds plenty of blame.  

• Upvote 1