• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Replacements for Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 11/6/2022 at 12:47 AM, Brad said:

And my anger over the years has been about my alma mater and how they handled that "situation".  I was so ashamed, so negative and so disconnected from USF because of it.  Selfishly speaking, it's just the fact that this powerful institution could right the wrong and show some ******* decency, contrition and interest in the rest of us.  It would be spectacular.   Afterall, they try to teach us all to do the same.  They broke ethical norms.  I thought MK was not cut from the same mold.  I thought he'd at least find a way three years ago.  He didn't. CJL was hoping for it, this I know.  Final chance to fix the program, the University and the fans.  If we pass on this time, we'll NEVER do it right.  Inviting him back at your pleasure when he's 80 years old is no good.  ******* end this nightmare.  Don't continue to make it worse.

CJL was and is a jackass.  He wasn't fired for the "incident", he was fired for his behavior after.  We all know this.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

CJL was and is a jackass.  He wasn't fired for the "incident", he was fired for his behavior after.  We all know this.

You only know what you are told to know.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

That is your perception and opinion. At the time all of this went down, I thoroughly reviewed the entire report concerning the incident and found numerous, glaring issues. It is my firm opinion that the "investigation" was a pretense to get Leavitt fired and to try and bolster the University's attempt to avoid paying him his buyout. 

We are beating a dead horse at this point. I don't think Leavitt will ever come back (although I think he would move the needle if he were to be our next HC). 

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

My 2 favorites and I shall keep pushing these names

Willie Simmons, Florida A&M head coach

Other than Jackson State's Deion Sanders, Simmons is the HBCU coach generating the most buzz for FBS jobs after nearly landing the Florida International gig in December. Simmons is 45-21 as an FCS coach with top-25 finishes in the past two seasons that the Rattlers competed. The former Clemson quarterback has FBS coordinator experience at Middle Tennessee.

"I'm a huge Willie Simmons fan," a Power 5 coach said. "He's got a tremendous upside."

Added a Power 5 athletic director: "I can definitely see him as a Group of 5 head coach as a next step."

2673.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Tremaine Jackson, Valdosta State head coach

More Group of 5 athletic directors are looking to the lower divisions for candidates, and Jackson could soon be on their radar. He went 10-3 as Colorado Mesa's coach after successful assistant stops at Abilene Christian, where he served as defensive coordinator, University of Sioux Falls and Texas Southern. Jackson has ample experience in Texas but has worked in other regions.

This is the right track.  At least the direction, if not the specific hires.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

AAZC2IZ.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=

Jon Gruden has been out of coaching for a little more than a year, following his email scandal broken by the Wall Street Journal. But could the former NFL coach and...

Not a chance in hell but it would be hilarious if Gruden coached in the stadium where they removed his name

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

That is your perception and opinion. At the time all of this went down, I thoroughly reviewed the entire report concerning the incident and found numerous, glaring issues. It is my firm opinion that the "investigation" was a pretense to get Leavitt fired and to try and bolster the University's attempt to avoid paying him his buyout. 

We are beating a dead horse at this point. I don't think Leavitt will ever come back (although I think he would move the needle if he were to be our next HC). 

As did I.  The report was fine until the end when reporting showed what he was doing.  And that is just what was in the report.  What was being whispered by the players was worse.

At any rate, he is never coming back.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, pascobull said:

Not a chance in hell but it would be hilarious if Gruden coached in the stadium where they removed his name

Wow forgot about that one!

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

image.png.4f905d8d2684aaa99b26f57ec912c030.png

• Haha 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

As did I.  The report was fine until the end when reporting showed what he was doing.  And that is just what was in the report.  What was being whispered by the players was worse.

At any rate, he is never coming back.

"Whispered by the players"....please. 

I read that report with an open mind. It was one-sided. The cake was baked and the report was just the icing. The "whispers" were that the administration wanted him gone. They found their out. They took it. There were just as many "whispers" from players that supported CJL and thought the entire situation was overblown and used as a pretense to ousting him.