• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking for some serious answers for our program

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Something the talking heads touched on last week was the success that some coaches have when they get their first head coaching gig at a NON-FBS school. It affords them a "crawl-walk-run" development cycle where they learn how to win. That can carry over to the FBS level coaching (lessons learned). So, maybe that is something to consider going forward in the hiring process. Do you want some old guy who fell out of favor and is biding his time for the next payday or do you think in terms of some younger coach, with a proven track record from D-II/FCS head-coaching and winning. In this instance we got a co-coordinator (no head coaching experience) who is learning while facing a steep curve. I don't think D1 FBS is not where you want to go through boot camp. 

Not only do I want an FCS/D-II coach, I want one that turned around a bad program. We need someone that not only is good on game day but knows how to do more with less.

Edited by thekidnapper

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Gerry Bohanon is coming back, Marsh looks much better, we have Byrum Brown as our future. It sucks, but we have to wait until next year for the success we want. The rest of this year should be about evaluating the players and winning whatever games we can. 

F2EB4295-DC11-44B5-BAB4-A9EBFCF2B2C6.gif

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Preach!  Defense used to the hallmark of our teams, now it’s a joke.

We knew our defense could and would step up. Now, it’s oh **** the QB is out we are ducked. What happened to this being a freaking team sport. USF football is the bloody pits. Give me a team and we will win. Give us a coach who can pivot, learn, but evaluate player and coaching talent. This shenanigans ain’t it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

I’ve gotta be honest, if men’s hoops doesn’t make a move this year and surprise us at least enough to be competitive, it may be time to completely clean house - a full athletic department enema. The only ones who’ve done enough to be left standing are Jose Fernandez, Denise Schilte-Brown, Ken Eriksen, Erik Jenkins, and Steve Bradley. The idea that we can’t be competitive in so many sports in this conference, with this collection of schools, is laughable.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

...it may be time to completely clean house - a full athletic department enema.

geyser GIF

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

We are scoring close to 30 points a game most games. We lose because our defense gives up 40+. It’s simple math. I told a buddy of mine watching the game with me that we’ll be able to count on one hand the number of times we stop them. That’s the issue and until that’s resolved we will continue to lose. It’s that simple 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

Come on now...our HC wins 3.85% of his FBS games...should we expect more than that?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Gerry Bohanon is coming back, Marsh looks much better, we have Byrum Brown as our future. It sucks, but we have to wait until next year for the success we want. The rest of this year should be about evaluating the players and winning whatever games we can. 

Not sure bringing back Gerry B for another year is the answer. The play calling, player development especially on defense, and recruiting are bad. Gerry B actually got less FBS wins then Timmy . His stats were better but we are talking about an 18 year  kid versus a 23 year old man.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

59 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Not sure bringing back Gerry B for another year is the answer. The play calling, player development especially on defense, and recruiting are bad. Gerry B actually got less FBS wins then Timmy . His stats were better but we are talking about an 18 year  kid versus a 23 year old man.

Gerry B is the best hope we have for any turnaround next year.  He's seasoned and he's a good QB.

Where else are we gonna find a QB?  Quinton Flowers isn't dropping in anytime soon. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Gerry B is the best hope we have for any turnaround next year.  He's seasoned and he's a good QB.

Where else are we gonna find a QB?  Quinton Flowers isn't dropping in anytime soon. 

I really dont know but  1 td to 1 turnover ratio is not going to win a lot of games in college football especially with this defense.

Edited by Outlaw