• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Fickell on USF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

"He didn't come until the fall," Fickell said of Bohannon. "So I think that all in all, they probably had a good idea the first four or five games there was going to be a bit of development of what it is they're going to be. So maybe they're not what they want to be, but I do believe they've got the pieces, they've got the talent."

From article:  FUN FACT: Cincinnati leads the nation in sacks (23), tackles for loss (50) and defensive touchdowns (four).

Full article should you like to read is HERE.  (Quote drawn from media quote below)

Now, now, I know it will be called "coach speak", but I am proud to say Luke and I are on the same page.

Coach Fickell media quotes on USF:

On what he expects offensively from USF on Saturday:

I think they are a little bit back and forth. They know they've got talent and know they have speed at the wide receiver position and want to get the balls into those guys hands. So, I think maybe early on, they were trying to force things a little bit differently. The quarterback is not new, obviously he was a starter last year at Baylor, played 13 games and led them to the [Big 12] Championship, but he didn't come until the fall, so I think that all-in-all they probably had a good idea the first four or five games that it was going to be a bit of development for what the offense is going to be, and so maybe they are not where they want to be, but I do believe that they have the pieces and the talent. They are little bit back and forth with the guys on running the football and throwing the football, but I know as a coach you sit there and look at it the fact that maybe they haven't won games, but they had 400 plus yards of total offense last week throwing the ball, running the ball, and it a team like I said that anytime their backs against the wall, you are going to get their best.

On the success of the defense and leading the country in tackles for loss this season:

I think our ability a little bit this year to mix some things up has frustrated opponents. We are not maybe as static as we play some similar coverage things, but I think our ability to mix it up a little bit, giving guys two-way goes to allow them to apply pressure. Obviously, you can't deny the fact that Ivan Pace Jr is a really good guy inside there that creates some havoc and the more havoc he creates, he also creates a lot more one-on-ones for the guys on edges and even the nose guard. So, I think where we are right now is we are still growing, but I think that those guys can play off each other. We are able to create that same mismatches, but when you are trying to create some confusion, not just for the quarterback, but also for the guys up front, it gives you a little bit better chance maybe it makes them those havoc plays. I think the combination of having those guys up front that understand it and having a guy like Ivan [Pace Jr.] that is a little bit more of a dynamic plugger than maybe we have had in the last couple years. He is created a little bit more hesitation sometimes for the guys up front, which allows our guys to kind of take advantage of, and we got to continue to do that. As you move along, people obviously do a good job at scouting you have better game plans for what you are doing, so we have to continue to grow as well, but I think that combination has allowed us to create some of those plays.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

unimpressed jerk off motion GIF

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

gb played so much better at baylor

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, smazza said:

Is it the curse?  😀  Yes, I saw your post in the other topic.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

22 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

RIP

Cincy gets 80+ points...

This sounds like another bet where we should bet our house and 401k?  I'm blocked by the Dave Ramsey show after the UF game.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

17 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This sounds like another bet where we should bet our house and 401k?  I'm blocked by the Dave Ramsey show after the UF game.

I went with 70 in my pick on this site.  Giving up 5 TDs per half seems reasonable the way we've been playing.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

54 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:
2 hours ago, smazza said:

Is it the curse?

Who could have guessed things might not go as well at USF.

Sinking Days Of Our Lives GIF by Global Entertainment