• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hurricane Ian could postpone the game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

7 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

A home game that we actually had a chance of winning.  One of the few that we actually have a decent chance of winning.

Move to Sunday, if necessary.

10 hours ago, mj796 said:

When did we get so soft as to react this way to a Category 3 storm? Nothing should be canceled now at all.

it's only Category 3 .... pshaw.  There could be 12-18 inches of rain dumped on the area on top of the storm surge, so all that water will have nowhere to go for a few days. DAYS.  Power is going to be out for hundreds of thousands of people -- probably for days.  DAYS.

The players (especially those who are Bay Made) may want to be with their families... the coaches and staff will definitely want to be with their families...

The school will be closed for a few days, which means no practice...

Some things are more important than football.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, bowman1 said:

I am not a lawyer, but I did recently stay at a Holiday Inn Express, so here is my take:

This is a classic case of Force Majeure - You gave away tickets for a game occurring on Oct 1.  If said game does not occur on Oct 1 due to events beyond either of your control, then the agreement is void and the tickets revert back to the original owner.

Simple😊

While I appreciate the weigh in by an almost-a-lawyer, I'm not sure it's accurate. There is no agreement between the gifter and the giftee if the tickets have already changed hands. The agreement/contract that would be affected by Force Majeure is now between the giftee and USF.

However, the question by the party involved was more of an ethical one than a legal one, would it be in poor taste to ask for them back if rescheduled. The answer to that is absolutely it would be. Indian giving, while a politically incorrect name, is always in poor taste ....... good news, or bad news, is that depending on when the game is rescheduled and how the season is playing out, they could be more than happy to dump the tickets back on him.

Current storm surge forecast on this mornings National Hurricane Center track - which keeps the center off shore -- a lot of property will be under water -- including both Tampa International and St Pete/Clearwater airports.

May be an image of ‎map and ‎text that says '‎Sep 29, 15:00 Bayonetoin Jasmine Estates Richey New Port Richey Tropical Cyclone Activity Holiday Land 'Lakes NHC Storm Track Tarpon Odessa wind speed categories Wesley Chape Lutz H5 ۔lmHarbor Palm Park non-tropical wind outside model forecast Dunedin ldsmar Water Height above NAVD88 TownLN Countiyo 29, 9:00 Thonotos Temple Terrace Clearwater Maximum Water Height Largo 271 ampar NAVD88 Seminole Pinellas Park Riverview St. Petersburg St Pet Beach 75 ApoToBeach Tierra-Verde Tierra Ruskin Sun City Center Parrish Inundation Depth above Ground Wind Speed at 33ft Height data 2022 Google, INEGI DataInfo Credits Tutorial ContactUs ERAHomepage‎'‎‎

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

8 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

it's only Category 3 .... pshaw.  There could be 12-18 inches of rain dumped on the area on top of the storm surge, so all that water will have nowhere to go for a few days. DAYS.  Power is going to be out for hundreds of thousands of people -- probably for days.  DAYS.

The players (especially those who are Bay Made) may want to be with their families... the coaches and staff will definitely want to be with their families...

Oh, and the Buccaneers currently have a home game scheduled for Sunday against the Falcons, @BullsFanInTX - can't play two games in the same stadium on the same day.

The Bucs game Sunday is against the Chiefs, and at 8:20 PM. Logistically possible if we played in the morning. I doubt there'd be enough in attendance to require much clean up. Bottom line though, unless this thing shifts back to the west, I'm not sure either game gets played ...

Also USF related, I hope all the roll up doors on the IPF got finished being installed last week and they can do great job of securing that huge hole where the equipment is still going in and out.

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The Bucs game Sunday is against the Chiefs, and at 8:20 PM. Logistically possible if we played in the morning. I doubt there'd be enough in attendance to require much clean up. Bottom line though, unless this thing shifts back to the west, I'm not sure either game gets played ...

Also USF related, I hope all the roll up doors on the IPF got finished being installed last week and they can do great job of securing that huge hole where the equipment is still going in and out.

Yeah, I went back and edited my post about the game.

And yes... the IPF could get ripped to shreds if that hole is still there.  It's on the EAST side, and if you follow the rotation of a tropical storm, the highest winds will be out of the east/south east as the storm approaches.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

40 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

They should be with their families if a hurricane is hitting or stay at school  if they feel safer. Luckily for the players winning it not that important to Jeff scott or Michael Kelly so the decision should be easy to go be with their families. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Current storm surge forecast on this mornings National Hurricane Center track - which keeps the center off shore -- a lot of property will be under water -- including both Tampa International and St Pete/Clearwater airports.

May be an image of ‎map and ‎text that says '‎Sep 29, 15:00 Bayonetoin Jasmine Estates Richey New Port Richey Tropical Cyclone Activity Holiday Land 'Lakes NHC Storm Track Tarpon Odessa wind speed categories Wesley Chape Lutz H5 ۔lmHarbor Palm Park non-tropical wind outside model forecast Dunedin ldsmar Water Height above NAVD88 TownLN Countiyo 29, 9:00 Thonotos Temple Terrace Clearwater Maximum Water Height Largo 271 ampar NAVD88 Seminole Pinellas Park Riverview St. Petersburg St Pet Beach 75 ApoToBeach Tierra-Verde Tierra Ruskin Sun City Center Parrish Inundation Depth above Ground Wind Speed at 33ft Height data 2022 Google, INEGI DataInfo Credits Tutorial ContactUs ERAHomepage‎'‎‎

Jim, what website is this?  Thanks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Give Mike's Weather Page a follow on twitter.  He is USF Alum. 

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

It seems pretty straightforward. Classes are canceled. Tampa is right in the cone. Am I right to assume there's a 90%+ chance this game does NOT happen, at least not on Saturday in Tampa?