• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

See you at the WVU game...NOT!!!

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

He needs to go on the ucfers board and talk to some of them for awhile...   Sure, life sux right now, but if you give up on your team, why do you even bother supporting them anyway? So long putzo, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. I'LL BE THERE NEXT WEEK. Win or lose, I'll be there.  (Standing up straight) GO BULLS!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Now, the WVU game will have as much excitment as the Pitt game did last year.  USF will not make a bowl at 6-5

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Gotta agree. I'm disappointed with you Chris.  You gotta support the team through thick and thin...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Unless UCONN beats Louisville we are assured a Bowl Game

4 Big East Bowls 4 eligable teams you do the Math....

Pitt- Not eligable

Cincy- Not Eligable

Syracuse- LOL

UCONN- must beat Louisville

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Now, the WVU game will have as much excitment as the Pitt game did last year.  USF will not make a bowl at 6-5

Yes they are going bowling. The BE has FOUR bowls and four eligible teams.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

If you don't show up for the West Virgina game, then don't come back next year. Yes, I'm pissed about today's game and not in a very good mood right now. We as Bull fans need to show our support for the team no matter what! Show the team you care and lets get a victory next week and a bowl game.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

I've got news for you...."real" fans are not ones that support a team 'no matter what' despite how romantic of an idea that is. By showing up at WVU, what you're basically saying is that you approve of the way things currently are.  Even our wins have been bitter-sweet because they have all been overshadowed by PJ/poor play calling etc etc....well it finally caught up with us. This loss to #$%$ CONNETICUT (of all teams) will set up back YEARS...YEARS in the national spotlight.

When I start seeing something I approve of..even if it means losses...then I'll start giving my money.

You do understand the difference between pro-football and college, right?  This is your shool's football team.  They are your/our school no matter what.  You don't go jump on some other school's bandwagon after your school's team has a bad game.  That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Your $25 will not be missed.  You spent a heck of a lot more money than that to get your USF education that a $25 football ticket won't kill the school.   But, if enough of our students and alumni feel this way and act this way after a loss our school will take a big hit on its national image.

USF could go 0-10 for 100 years in a row and they would still be my school.  But, I can't say that a 2nd place finish in our first year in a BCS conference is a disappointment.  Especially considering our football program is only 9 years  old.  Lets just keep that in perspective.  This is still one of the most successful programs ever after 9 year in the history of the NCAA.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

Sorry about your loss today.  I was hoping you guys would crack the top 25 before we play next week.  For anyone who doesn't show up because of a loss, you represent the type of fan  that bowl committees run away from.  Whether you think you deserve a bowl or not is irrelevent.  A bowl brings exposure, experience and more practice reps.  All will help your program.  

We have gone to bigger bowls, with average teams, simply because of fan loyalty.  It's important that you send a lot of fans to bowl games.  Outside of WVU and Louisville, I'm afraid the BE won't travel well.  

I hope that one day your program is at the level of Miami's. I believe you can get there.  It's possible with all that florida talent and a BCS connection.  But please, show up for your team.  It's sad when a city as large as Miami can't sell out the orange bowl simply because they don't have a shot at a NC.  Hopefully your team will continue to improve and so will your following.

Hope our guys don't sleep on ya next week.  Outcomes are never guaranteed.  See ya then.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I've got news for you...."real" fans are not ones that support a team 'no matter what' despite how romantic of an idea that is. By showing up at WVU, what you're basically saying is that you approve of the way things currently are.  Even our wins have been bitter-sweet because they have all been overshadowed by PJ/poor play calling etc etc....well it finally caught up with us. This loss to #$%$ CONNETICUT (of all teams) will set up back YEARS...YEARS in the national spotlight.

When I start seeing something I approve of..even if it means losses...then I'll start giving my money.

Griggsy:

Go back to The Hall of Fame board and read your first post ever on this board.  If that's how you really feel, then you should show up regardless.  One game does  not a program make or break.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just to remind him

A year ago I didn't even know USF existed.

As fate would have it, my career brought me to Tampa and yanked me right out of school at Auburn.  I was less than thrilled, you could say, at the prospect of coming to Florida (home of the  - ugh - Gators) and leaving behind my beloved SEC favorite.  

It was not till I began researching local schools that I discovered USF.   I applied and was accepted as a transfer student for Fall 05.  Being absorbed with work, though, I didn't give it much thought.

Shortly after, all the college football preview magazines started making their way to the shelves.  Like many others do, I suppose, I went out and bought all the different ones could get my hands on.  I was flipping through Lindy's Southeastern issue when something caught my eye.  

South Florida has a football team? (I realize many of you probably cringe at seeing that...but keep in mind up till that point I only watched, read about, talked about, cared about SEC)

Division I Going to a BCS conference Now THIS was interesting ...

I spent the next few days researching USF (academics) and reading up on the athletic programs (mostly football  ) with renewed interest.

Two months later, here I sit completely SOLD on USF. (Auburn, who?)  

So why the change?  What is so **** impressive about USF?  I realize that if you're reading this, you're more-than-likely a USF fan already.  Judging by the sheer numbers of posts some of you have (freakin thousands), I'd say you've been around for, uh, awhile.  You probably already know every bit of this info ... but perhaps you would like to be reminded of just what a good thing you've got...

-USF is the 2nd largest school in the Southeast in total enrollment (almost twice the size of Auburn)

-USF is one of the hardest schools for entering freshman to be accepted to in the region (the acceptance rate is around 60%, whereas schools like FSU have a rate closer to 80%) (I got all this off of usnews.com)

-The Bulls are now playing in a BCS conference. As everyone knows, the football program has gone from non-existence to national-level competitors in less than a decade.

-The relatively recent image change (adjustment of school colors, new athletic and academic logos, new mascot, etc) is all part of USF's ongoing mission of becoming a nationally-recognized university with tangible brand-equity.  From what I can tell, these seems to be a huge priority for the school.  I don't know what the general feeling is here about the change, but I think it was VERY MUCH for the better.

-So far, USF has accomplished all it has without smearing its image.  That is an advantage of having a young program and school- there is no "notorious" reputation dragging you down.  Auburn, for instance, is fresh off a SACS probation!

-Leavitt seems to be a solid guy.  He's a home-town type and a hard worker.  What he's made from nothing is **** impressive. From what I've read, it looks like he genuinely cares about the team (all speculation about whether he'll leave for more $ aside)

-Also from the usnews.com website, I found that USF receives among the lowest alumni contribution levels in all of Div I.  While this initially seems negative....just, #1 think about what USF has done with this modest amount of funding, and then #2 think of the POTENTIAL for the future when the program builds a bigger fan base and gets more national exposure.  The "snowball" effect in its best form!

-This is just my personal opinion, but even so I feel it is a legitimate factor in USF becoming the "fourth horseman" in Florida:  USF IS A FRESH ALTERNATIVE. No one likes being a clone, of course.  In a state where FSU, UF, and UM fans are commonplace, being a USF fan gives one a sense of individuality and underdog pride. Everyone loves an underdog and, let's face it, USF is still an underdog at this point.  Mix all this in with an enormous student body and Big East publicity, and you have a formula for the next football powerhouse in the south.  

Ok, ok...I'll stop it at that.  I got carried away!  

The bottom line is that we have a school which we can be VERY proud to call our own.  I personally feel as though I've stumbled upon a gold mine.  

If USF plays Auburn in 2007 as currently scheduled, you can bet I will be there ... in GREEN AND GOLD BABY!

GO BULLS!!!

-Griggsy