• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The team showed some life in the second half

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

20 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

USF destroyed Tuberville’s Cincy team when I made that road trip up there. Flowers & Mack show. USF destroyed Finkle’s Cincy team during his first season at RJS. He made one of the saddest pissed off face that I ever did see after USF got  the pick 6 right before half time lol. 

We won 33-3 his first season at Cincy (2017). You could say destroyed, but I would assume as with most Charlie Strong wins, it was an unconvincing, slowly pull away win. Either way, they have since beat us in 4 straight.

The true destruction was Tuberville in 2015. He ended up stepping away after the 2016 season, the season in which he told some fan to "get a job" when he was being heckled after a game.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

38 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

We won 33-3 his first season at Cincy (2017). You could say destroyed, but I would assume as with most Charlie Strong wins, it was an unconvincing, slowly pull away win. 

Actually was a 23 to 3 halftime lead looking it up.  Big lead at halftime...been awhile since had that. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Actually was a 23 to 3 halftime lead looking it up.  Big lead at halftime...been awhile since had that. 

Exactly lol. 

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/4/2022 at 9:53 AM, Sellular1 said:

What box score did you look at?  Puka Nacua destroyed us in the first quarter going for over 100 yards on 4 plays and 2 touchdowns.  He sat the rest of the game.

This box score from CBS Sports that shows they played the same QB through the entire game?   You cherry pick one receiver who had one reception?   What box score were you looking at?

image.png.360fdc6e69fb0460fb0aaabe90fe56be.png

image.png.8e48658ff83d6e6a586619595f42a769.png

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 9/3/2022 at 9:12 PM, hightechbull said:

Not happy with the results and not giving this team or coaching staff a pass.   The first half was putrid.   It was almost as if the reversal of that fumble recovery for a TD broke their confidence.  That is all on coaching.

They were on fire in the second half.   Maybe they put nicotine in the Gatorade instead of CBD, so the team was alert instead of the sleepwalking they did in the first half.

pathetic

we need to show fire from the start

• Go Bulls! 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:52 PM, GoBulls84 said:

We won 33-3 his first season at Cincy (2017). You could say destroyed, but I would assume as with most Charlie Strong wins, it was an unconvincing, slowly pull away win. Either way, they have since beat us in 4 straight.

The true destruction was Tuberville in 2015. He ended up stepping away after the 2016 season, the season in which he told some fan to "get a job" when he was being heckled after a game.

that fan voted for him for senator

On 9/4/2022 at 2:20 AM, Outlaw said:

This is a strawman argument praising a team for scoring against a team that was so far ahead when the game is already over. That is like praising a team that loses every game but loses by less points. You got to score when it matters or it doesn't mean squat. If you are down 35-0 and you score to make it 35-7? What difference does it make ? We were getting blown out and we scored when it did not make one difference in the outcome of the game.

It is embarrassing that you do not even know the definition of a strawman argument.   Did you really go to UCF instead of USF?   You have been like a seagull crapping all over the place for the past two weeks.

Where did I say I was satisfied with CJS or the overall performance of the team?   I was clearing pointing out that the team came out to play in the second half, especially the 3rd quarter.   They could have rolled over and died like many USF teams have done over the CCS and CJS eras, but this one did not.  

3 minutes ago, smazza said:

pathetic

we need to show fire from the start

I agree.   Very few teams succeed when they have to come from behind in the second half all the time.

On 9/4/2022 at 6:56 AM, emrober5 said:

We are in year 3 of the CJS era. I'm past accepting blowout losses as "showing some life". CJS needs a bowl game this year and I don't think he will get it. 

The team looked completely unprepared. Could have been a statement game to start the year, but my hope for USFs season died in the first quarter.

he gets one more year

we arent going to a  bowl this year

our defense is porous

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, smazza said:

he gets one more year

we arent going to a  bowl this year

our defense is porous

image.png.95780c2cde75b6e8b9be3f3a36f26a56.png