• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Laughing stock

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,361
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

At least our baseball team did win some big games and a  unexpected conference championship. This is nothing short of a colossus failure.

And a regional championship, but who wants to let facts get in the way of a good rant

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, 9thHoleJohnny-BL said:

Hard to support a team/school that doesn’t love you back.

Lol. I’m acting like USF. I’m 100% with you, my statement was a joke. But while your at it please support NIL, season tickets, the stadium, and anything else they ask of us. 

Edited by CycleBull
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, CycleBull said:

Lol. I’m acting like USF. I’m 100% with you, my statement was a joke. But while your at it please support NIL, season tickets, the stadium, and anything else they ask of us. 

I think the new stadium should be 100% supported by the tuition of the students.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,479
  • Days Won:  13

8 minutes ago, 9thHoleJohnny-BL said:

I think the new stadium should be 100% supported by the tuition of the students.

Just adding more debt for student loans then?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

22 hours ago, 9thHoleJohnny-BL said:

Hard to support a team/school that doesn’t love you back.

So true.  The relationship between USF athletics and it’s fanbase has been a one way street.  Fans give  their time money and support and get next to nothing in return.  A healthy relationship is a 2 way street and for the last couple of decades save for a couple of years under Taggart USF fans have gotten squat in return.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

So true.  The relationship between USF athletics and it’s fanbase has been a one way street.  Fans give  their time money and support and get next to nothing in return.  A healthy relationship is a 2 way street and for the last couple of decades save for a couple of years under Taggart USF fans have gotten squat in return.

I could not disagree with this statement more. Fans/Alumni should feel a sense of duty to give their time, money, and support no matter what with no sense of entitlement to anything. If you are lucky you get rewarded with wins and great on field memories. If not, you enjoy the community and tailgating, etc. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

27 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

I could not disagree with this statement more. Fans/Alumni should feel a sense of duty to give their time, money, and support no matter what with no sense of entitlement to anything. If you are lucky you get rewarded with wins and great on field memories. If not, you enjoy the community and tailgating, etc. 

Could not disagree more with this take.  I have no sense of duty to give anything to USF including my time and money.  I do it because I want to support my alma mater and I enjoy college football.  Maybe you should focus on the other 97.5% of alumni that have zero connection to the University.  The last 2 games I attended in person were Tulane(away) last year and BYU.  Both games were over way before halftime and we lost by a combined 95-35.  I’m more than doing my part wish I could say the same about USF.

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

USF athletics is still one of the best deals in sports. So I thank USF for all the entertainment. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Could not disagree more with this take.  I have no sense of duty to give anything to USF including my time and money.  I do it because I want to support my alma mater and I enjoy college football.  Maybe you should focus on the other 97.5% of alumni that have zero connection to the University.  The last 2 games I attended in person were Tulane(away) last year and BYU.  Both games were over way before halftime and we lost by a combined 95-35.  I’m more than doing my part wish I could say the same about USF.

I agree that you are doing more than most and hope you continue to support going forward, but learned along time ago that comparing yourself to most others isn't really the best way to feel accomplished in life. I'm not on a mission to convert every alumni to give/support at the same level you or I do, but would encourage them to do so whenever possible and also am well aware of the cold hard reality that a better % would be engaged if we won more. My time at USF including athletics/football made me into the person I am today, so yes I personally feel a need to give back or tithe a portion of my future income/time and always will. To me that is what I owe based on the past relationship rather than present/future reward.  I get a lot of satisfaction in that, no matter what happens on the field, but obviously am always happier if we win. To each their own though.  

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

58 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

If the 350,000 alums gave $100 each we could pass this year's record donations. Something I thought of last night while laying in bed with Covid(thank you USF), if we subtract the $10 million given by the 2 donors who gave $5 million each how are those numbers looking?