• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Laughing stock

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

5 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

I agree that you are doing more than most and hope you continue to support going forward, but learned along time ago that comparing yourself to most others isn't really the best way to feel accomplished in life. I'm not on a mission to convert every alumni to give/support at the same level you or I do, but would encourage them to do so whenever possible and also am well aware of the cold hard reality that a better % would be engaged if we won more. My time at USF including athletics/football made me into the person I am today, so yes I personally feel a need to give back or tithe a portion of my future income/time and always will. To me that is what I owe based on the past relationship rather than present/future reward.  I get a lot of satisfaction in that, no matter what happens on the field, but obviously am always happier if we win. To each their own though.  

I feel the exact same need that you do to give to my alma mater.  I really love USF.  So, there’s that…but because of that support and loyalty, I believe that I’ve earned the right to ***** and moan and express a little disappointment when we consistently manage to find new levels of failure on game day. A glimmer of positive is long overdue…hoping to see it next week.     We are undefeated against FCS competition with this administration, so let’s keep that streak alive.  Still believing, but losing patience.   Go Bulls!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

On 9/5/2022 at 3:19 PM, BucsandBulls said:

I agree that you are doing more than most and hope you continue to support going forward, but learned along time ago that comparing yourself to most others isn't really the best way to feel accomplished in life. I'm not on a mission to convert every alumni to give/support at the same level you or I do, but would encourage them to do so whenever possible and also am well aware of the cold hard reality that a better % would be engaged if we won more. My time at USF including athletics/football made me into the person I am today, so yes I personally feel a need to give back or tithe a portion of my future income/time and always will. To me that is what I owe based on the past relationship rather than present/future reward.  I get a lot of satisfaction in that, no matter what happens on the field, but obviously am always happier if we win. To each their own though.  

As an out of state student, I gave USF 10s of thousands of dollars in overpriced tuition. I loved my time there but I don't even use the degree I bought from them for my career. I enjoy watching and being a part of a winning community, not a losing one that keeps pouring money into an empty hole of poor decision making. I am happy there are people like you who will continue giving their hard earned money to them but I can't say they provide enough in return to convince most, with the exception of a few ultra grateful people, to do the same.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

As an out of state student, I gave USF 10s of thousands of dollars in overpriced tuition. I loved my time there but I don't even use the degree I bought from them for my career. I enjoy watching and being a part of a winning community, not a losing one that keeps pouring money into an empty hole of poor decision making. I am happy there are people like you who will continue giving their hard earned money to them but I can't say they provide enough in return to convince most, with the exception of a few ultra grateful people, to do the same.

Yes, I would agree we probably have a different view of USF as an institution since I was an in-state Bright Futures scholarship student who had limited out of pocket expenses to attend. As close to "free" as college gets and my degree led directly to employment straight out of school in a career/industry that I am still in years later. Everyone has their own unique set of life experiences and circumstances that govern what causes they choose and can afford to give to. Personally my relationship with USF won't ever be transactional, but get that others feel differently. Just don't expect me to praise you for it. But USF is in no position to be turning away any fan or $ that they can get. 

• Upvote 2