• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2022 Draft Rule Clarification/Change

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

As your commissioner, it is incumbent upon me to keep the game current with the times, but also improve its fairness and financial well being  along with its fan base.  

In the past, the league has allowed a #1 to be kept as a #1, but then there is no room for the #2 to be kept.  Technically, then the #1 doesn't cost a "one round up" selection.  So beginning in the 2022 drafts, first round draft picks from last year, cannot be kept as a first round this year.  First rounders every year would not be keepable.  I think this makes sense and followers more directly the cost of "one round up" for keepers.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Thank you.

Commissioner Brad

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I asked this already too, but apparently not.

I would like to add a Injured slot that teams can move a guy to and seek out a FA or trade.  I've played in leagues with the injured roster spot it gives a little more flexibility needed in a 12 team league.

If you disagree with roster change, please say so!  Thanks!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

I don't have a strong feeling either way, but I will say that an injured slot could have a larger impact in a dynasty/keeper league because you can now stash a guy away for a whole season who may have been drafted low due to injury. I kind of tried to do this last season with Deshaun Watson (decided not to keep him anyways this year), but at least I had to waste an active roster spot to do it all year.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Just want to make sure this rule stays in place.....i dont want someone to pick up the guy im about to drop and then see him being labelled as a keeper on a team next year 😆

• 7 months later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/31/2022 at 12:32 PM, Brad said:

As your commissioner, it is incumbent upon me to keep the game current with the times, but also improve its fairness and financial well being  along with its fan base.  

In the past, the league has allowed a #1 to be kept as a #1, but then there is no room for the #2 to be kept.  Technically, then the #1 doesn't cost a "one round up" selection.  So beginning in the 2022 drafts, first round draft picks from last year, cannot be kept as a first round this year.  First rounders every year would not be keepable.  I think this makes sense and followers more directly the cost of "one round up" for keepers.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Thank you.

Commissioner Brad

Can you remind me where I can find what draft round each player is assigned to? I’m OK with this change, but I will need to go back and change my keepers.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Can you remind me where I can find what draft round each player is assigned to? I’m OK with this change, but I will need to go back and change my keepers.

That rule was changed last year but I’m happy to point you in the direction for this years keepers! I don't think you can use the app for this, so use the web version. But in the league, click on draft>draft results>last years draft(or last years results not sure on actual verbiage) scroll to find your team and it will list the round all players on your final roster last year were drafted, wether you drafted them or someone else. 

• Upvote 1

Yep, I was just there...

When you open FFL it will be set for the 2023 season, change it to 2022 season then select draft results.

• Tell a friend

Love TheBullsPen.com? Tell a friend!
  • South Florida Fight Song

• Quotes

"There is no inherent fear among this group of players. The fear of failing drove the program from day one - the fear of failing the coaches, the fan base, the university, each teammate, themselves. Now, as we head into the biggest game in our history at home on a national stage against the highest ranked team to step on OUR field, the players are taking an introspective look at themselves. Unfortunately, I don't know if they get it. They lack the fear."

Terry Lucas, 09/26/22  

• Files

• Recent Achievements

• Popular Contributors

• Quotes

“This is not a broken football program by any means. It just needs to be united, to get everybody on the same page, share that same vision, and really to have that standard - best is the standard.”

Jeff Scott  

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.  Registration is free and reduces ads.