• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Countdown - 43 days, Jersey #43

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

As we count down the days to kickoff versus BYU, let's look at players that have worn the jersey of the same number.  Please add your comments or questions.

Terry Lucas ...................................... 2000
Sabbath Joseph ............................... 2008
Richard Kelly ...............................2009-10
Auggie Sanchez ..........................2013-17
La'Javier Turner................................2021

Bull Bits:

• Terry Lucas, aka @The Sheriff walked on to the 2000 team; created Greenbergopolis and appointed Sheriff; went on to finish his career at Wittenburg; led many Bulls Pen supported road trips, achieved National Treasure status in 2003
  • Sabbath Joseph is tied with many for 16th in all time games played (49); one of seven Bulls to force two fumbles in one game (most ever)
  • Auggie Sanchez was team co-captain with Quinton Flowers for both 2016 and 2017; holds record for most tackles in a career (388); has second most tackles ever in a single season (120 in 2016, after compiling 117 in 2015); has fourth longest interception return for a TD in Bulls history - a 66 yarder vs. Cincinnati in 2017; tied with many for 15th in career games played (50); tied for first in games started all time with George Selvie (Augie's 50 starts were consecutive);  named All-AAC in 2015 (Second Team), 2016 (Second Team) and 2017 (First Team); All-Academic Team multiple seasons; led the team in tackles each season 2015-17

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Never saw Lucas play a down for USF, but tailgated and held a couple bars up with him. I fun spirit!

I spoke of Joseph on the earlier post. A fine LB.

Kelly was a big back, think he was gonna do more for us.

Sanchez is the kind of player you want on your team and as you alumni.

The old timers will remember the writings @The Sheriff did on here about various road trips.  Extremely funny.  Terry is humorous and is a marvelous writer.  Many of his posts were in the board's hall of fame before football success occurred and our server was repeatedly battered - many posts were lost.  

I caught a TV recording of Terry on the field way back when and I think I sent him the cut.  There wasn't a lot of TV either.  I don't know what happened to that clip.

Anyway, he's up there with some legends on this board and more importantly people that truly are committed to the Green and Gold.

And I remember his battles in Gainesville with the DA.

Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

18 hours ago, Brad said:

The old timers will remember the writings @The Sheriff did on here about various road trips.  Extremely funny.  Terry is humorous and is a marvelous writer.  Many of his posts were in the board's hall of fame before football success occurred and our server was repeatedly battered - many posts were lost.  

I caught a TV recording of Terry on the field way back when and I think I sent him the cut.  There wasn't a lot of TV either.  I don't know what happened to that clip.

Anyway, he's up there with some legends on this board and more importantly people that truly are committed to the Green and Gold.

Only real time I spent with him (a couple of hours or so) was after the Wisc game up there. Went to some place on the lake. Enjoyed talking with him.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I think that most classic was when he and a group of fans were dressed in prison orange jumpsuits at a Cincy hoops away game after a member(s?) had been arrested.

image.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

auggie_sanchez_07312022

Former USF Star Linebacker Lands His First Head Coaching Job

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

So, funny story. Just walked back in the house after going to a Sherwin Williams store near me. Of course I have my USF stuff on. Guy behind the counter asks if I'm a Bulls fan. Said "of course".  Said he graduated from there. Asked him what year. He says '11. Told him my daughter graduated in 07. Started talking about the football team of '07. Talk comes around to the Rutgers game. Told him I was there. He said he was too - he played in it.  Richard Kelly. Asked him what number. He said '39'.  He changed to 43, his high school number, later on. Told him I had his jersey hanging on the wall in my Bulls room. He was really excited that someone had his jersey. Great guy. I could have stayed there all afternoon.  Should probably get him to sign it.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So, funny story. Just walked back in the house after going to a Sherwin Williams store near me. Of course I have my USF stuff on. Guy behind the counter asks if I'm a Bulls fan. Said "of course".  Said he graduated from there. Asked him what year. He says '11. Told him my daughter graduated in 07. Started talking about the football team of '07. Talk comes around to the Rutgers game. Told him I was there. He said he was too - he played in it.  Richard Kelly. Asked him what number. He said '39'.  He changed to 43, his high school number, later on. Told him I had his jersey hanging on the wall in my Bulls room. He was really excited that someone had his jersey. Great guy. I could have stayed there all afternoon.  Should probably get him to sign it.

Does he go to the games?