• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Add Jose Fernandez to that list of guys that didn't make it to campus. Didn't he go Top 5 or 10 in the draft? A life cut way too short.

14th overall and $2 million bonus.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

14th overall and $2 million bonus.

He passed up going to USF over $2 million bonus?  The F you say.  😄

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Where are we going? Do you have an issue with me talking about how good the recruiting class is? 

On 6/20/2022 at 7:16 PM, OcalaBull2 said:

Has the 23rd ranked recruiting class in the nation going into next year. 2 of those recruits are top 100 players, which is tied for 6th amongst teams overall. If we don’t win next year, something is seriously wrong. 

I have no issue

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Add Jose Fernandez to that list of guys that didn't make it to campus. Didn't he go Top 5 or 10 in the draft? A life cut way too short.

Brad Radke back in the day as well.  There were a few more around that early 90's time period

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,129
  • Days Won:  56

Ian Desmond, Tyler Clippard

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

All goes back to the point, it's not who you get to commit, it's who shows up on campus that counts. I can't give any of our coaches props for getting a guy who's going to go in the draft and sign. We're just his backup/bargaining chip in negotiations. That goes for everyone, not just Mohl.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, olafberserker said:

I have no issue

Brad Radke back in the day as well.  There were a few more around that early 90's time period

you can make that sentence bold but it doesn't change the fact that if we have good talent coming in this year and have back to back bad records, that's an issue.  Not saying we won't do well but we still need to be better next season. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

All goes back to the point, it's not who you get to commit, it's who shows up on campus that counts. I can't give any of our coaches props for getting a guy who's going to go in the draft and sign. We're just his backup/bargaining chip in negotiations. That goes for everyone, not just Mohl.

And Mohl still hasn't shown he can clean up our persistent fielding issues, or that he can put together a decent and deep pitching rotation.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

And Mohl still hasn't shown he can clean up our persistent fielding issues, or that he can put together a decent and deep pitching rotation.

Yes he has.   2021 conference and regional championships.   2017 and 2018 seasons as well.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

3 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Yes he has.   2021 conference and regional championships.   2017 and 2018 seasons as well.

We can thank coaching adrenaline, Mark Kingston for 17 & 18. Based on how 22 went, we got hot in 21. Can Mohl get some consistency hot sauce going? I'm not sure.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

We can thank coaching adrenaline, Mark Kingston for 17 & 18. Based on how 22 went, we got hot in 21. Can Mohl get some consistency hot sauce going? I'm not sure.

Kingston isn't a pitching coach.  That's Mohl.   But ultimately what I'm hearing you say is that when we have had success under Mohl it is because of some other factor, but when we don't it is because of Mohl ....