• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet another polarizing discussion on the current state of USF Athletics

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Also, not exactly clear what "when the history and allure of the program hung in the balance" is all about?

There was a reason for people to know about us.  Rapid ascent.  People out here were following.  Now, it’s no longer at all attractive. People love a success story, we peed on it. It became difficult to treasure the story of our rise, as it always ended with “then Leavitt tried to kill a player.”  

And just for the record I am in the middle of completing performance evaluations right now, so I’m not spending a whole lot of time articulating my point. Suffice it to say I don’t want to regurgitate it all, but I do agree with @USFreak’s perspective and the damage it has done overall.  Just fatefully poor management. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This is what I’m talking about, Frisco. You should have started a new thread with this. You watched this guy play a lot of snaps last year. The rest of us have not, so your evaluation means something. This kind of insight is what we need to see here to generate discussion - and not buried in this god forsaken thread!

It really would not have mattered if I started a new thread, odds are it would have deteriorated into negativity and infighting.  The past couple years have been brutal and all of us have different ways of coping with this **** show, it is not all that unusual for us to beat up on each other in this process.  
With that being said, this guy is special.  He can actually run the RPO, knows when to hold it and when to give it up and when he decides to tuck it and run, he is as fast as anyone we have ever had, (including Q) who is more elusive but this guy is as fast, much stronger, 4-5” taller, 25 lbs heavier, and a much stronger arm.  I am not saying he will be Q, (time will tell) but he is the kind of difference maker this program needed so desperately, I believe he saved CJS this year and should be the turnaround we are hoping for.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

43 minutes ago, Brad said:

There was a reason for people to know about us.  Rapid ascent.  People out here were following.  Now, it’s no longer at all attractive. People love a success story, we peed on it. It became difficult to treasure the story of our rise, as it always ended with “then Leavitt tried to kill a player.”  

I do get that reasoning just don't totally agree with the, what I perceive as, the program died with the firing of CJL vibe ..... which maybe I'm over dramatizing your intent.

39 minutes ago, Brad said:

And just for the record I am in the middle of completing performance evaluations right now

Cool, does that mean we're getting raises?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Genshaft was going to decimate the football program regardless if CJL survived the investigation. Woolard and Harlan are good examples of what Genshaft thought of athletics. 

There was no investment. Not that anyone really saw the arms race coming but it would not have mattered. 

Genshaft is a politician and she didn’t like the bad publicity. CJL was a holdover from Castor and Selmon. 

CJL might have been able to hold on for a few more seasons but the fan base already had high expectations. 

Just like a bad owner in professional sports can mess up a good product, so can a bad administration in college. 

USF had to go down 2 levels before anyone decided to take notice of the problem. 

• Upvote 3
  • ???? 1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Cool, does that mean we're getting raises?

I’m really struggling with one of these evaluations….

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’m really struggling with one of these evaluations….

Go easy on Mike ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

It really would not have mattered if I started a new thread, odds are it would have deteriorated into negativity and infighting.  The past couple years have been brutal and all of us have different ways of coping with this **** show, it is not all that unusual for us to beat up on each other in this process.  
With that being said, this guy is special.  He can actually run the RPO, knows when to hold it and when to give it up and when he decides to tuck it and run, he is as fast as anyone we have ever had, (including Q) who is more elusive but this guy is as fast, much stronger, 4-5” taller, 25 lbs heavier, and a much stronger arm.  I am not saying he will be Q, (time will tell) but he is the kind of difference maker this program needed so desperately, I believe he saved CJS this year and should be the turnaround we are hoping for.

@puc86It has been far too long, we we need link up for a beer soon.  In GB we hope!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 6/4/2022 at 8:15 PM, puc86 said:

Because I was here long before this clown show and I am devoted to the university and not the people that are actively working as hard as possible on destroying what is left of our athletics program. I love usf, I want more for it which is at odds with the Enron model of rewarding failure at the expense of the stock holders model that was instilled by the worst VP of athletics in the history of USF.

Teams make it through poor leadership all of the time but the first thing is to recognize that since 2018 when Kelly was put in charge every single year things have gotten worse between the only two sports that matter to most people. For that MK said everyone that coaches every sport here are his people, the right people and deserve an extension and for that completely embarrassing act of failure that was universally panned and not copied by a single other person charged with leading their athletics the university then decided to reward MK with an extension of his own all while on the way to losing tens of millions of dollars which if not for taxing the students would be measured in the $30 something million deficit range. 

Mike Kelly, Jeff Scott and Brian Gregory (who I actually like a lot when Ive interacted with him) all suck, Why? Because I’m mean and not a fan? No, because math. And a company that thinks rewarding failure and thinking time and money will solve their problems as they all glowing say they are all the best and trying real hard is doomed for failure. They don’t deserve praise they deserve rebuke at the very least.

Five years from now I will still have my usf degree in my office, my usf tattoo on my arm, my license plate on my car and thankfully not a single one of the three of them will be working here. I can’t get rid of USF but USF certainly can and should get rid of all of them. To support them is to hate usf as they are directly at odds with a successful program and a UCF fan twitter poll couldn’t do a better job of picking lovable losers to destroy our program. 

Our fans keep falling like flies, apathy has more than set in and we have chosen to completely stay the course. Noticing that’s dumb isn’t being a bad fan it’s just seeing something that Hellen Keller wouldn’t be able to believe someone doesn’t actually see. Why should I leave when they are the ones that suck and we can just hire new mercenaries that maybe aren’t laughing stocks? 

you have a usf tattoo?