• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Baseball: Tulane Recap & Takeaways. Preview of FGCU Tonight.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

59 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Wouldn’t a knowledgeable fan think that we are going to eventually break through and score a ton and waste this inferior team?

Did that happen? Haven't checked the score.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Did that happen? Haven't checked the score.

Lost 12-4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Lost 12-4

So I didn't miss anything good by leaving when I did. I used to love baseball but it has become harder and harder to watch. Believe we left around 8:25 after the 5th inning. Game started at 6:02.  Maybe because I'm old enough to remember games averaging around 2:20 when I was a kid.  I get that the mid week games have more pitching changes but man it was crawling by.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So I didn't miss anything good by leaving when I did. I used to love baseball but it has become harder and harder to watch. Believe we left around 8:25 after the 5th inning. Game started at 6:02.  Maybe because I'm old enough to remember games averaging around 2:20 when I was a kid.  I get that the mid week games have more pitching changes but man it was crawling by.

I stopped watching in 94 I think, Sox were 2.5 games  out of first place in August, a strike and they dumped their top closer and one and two pitchers, I said **** it, they would never be able to compete with the Cubs, don’t miss it at all.  Day drinking was fun but I can improvise. Still hate the Cubs 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I stopped watching in 94 I think, Sox were 2.5 games  out of first place in August, a strike and they dumped their top closer and one and two pitchers, I said **** it, they would never be able to compete with the Cubs, don’t miss it at all.  Day drinking was fun but I can improvise. Still hate the Cubs 

Mike Caruso got traded to the Sox in that sale. He was a teenage acquaintance and fierce rival from the neighboring Little League, High School, etc. When I started coaching out of college I used to throw him BP when he was in town before Spring Training since I was coaching at his old HS. Never much of a "career," but he finished 3rd in ROY in 97. Also, Die Hard Cub fan since birth.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Mike Caruso got traded to the Sox in that sale. He was a teenage acquaintance and fierce rival from the neighboring Little League, High School, etc. When I started coaching out of college I used to throw him BP when he was in town before Spring Training since I was coaching at his old HS. Never much of a "career," but he finished 3rd in ROY in 97. Also, Die Hard Cub fan since birth.

They lost a closer, Wilson Alvarez and somebody else, either way the game only has 6-8 teams nowadays playing on Sunday night, the Sox finally won the series one year after my grandpa died too late for both of us, at least my dad got a Cubs series before his demise. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 hours ago, Friscobull said:

They lost a closer, Wilson Alvarez and somebody else, either way the game only has 6-8 teams nowadays playing on Sunday night, the Sox finally won the series one year after my grandpa died too late for both of us, at least my dad got a Cubs series before his demise. 

My grandpa never got to see the Cubs win, either. I remember talking to him when I was a kid and asked if he went to the 1945 Cubs World Series and his answer was, "Nah... I figured I'd be able to catch them in the next one."

• Upvote 1