• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Gregory "news"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

11 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

Seriously?  Are you kidding me?  "The university will prosper and flourish as we perform tours and Saturday is buzzing with activity"?

You must first ask yourself "How many people do we lose when we move from RayJay to USF because they dont want to make the drive?"  It's more than you think.  Then ask yourself "How many more people will show up for this $h1t Show just because we have a pretty new stadium on campus?"  It ain't as many as you think.

USF must fix the product they are selling FB and MBB before worrying about new facilities.  There are A LOT of schools with better facilities that look like ghost towns because their product sucks too.  Why would USF be any different?  Oh I forgot, because it's USF.

Would a new showroom have saved Yugo?  Or FIAT? Or (insert failing / failed car brand with crap for product here) in this country?  No.

SO just how many more people do think will show up just because they build a new stadium on campus?  And how long do you think they will put up with this crap?

You are okay with the money we spent on the IPF though, right?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

The facilities are not the problem in basketball it’s the coaching. Football has been in dire need for the IPF for years and is finally getting it. The OCS would also help but it would be a short term fix at best if we keep producing teams with only 1-4 wins so at some point coaches have to establish a program that goes bowling every year and wins a few conference championships if we want to get the most out of an ocs

The stadium is NOT the problem in Football either.  USF plays in an NFL caliber stadium where the SUPER BOWL was played last year.  I personally know former players (2 now in the NFL) who LOVED playing at RayJay.  Honestly, for a college prospect name ONE stadium in the AAC that is better than RayJay.  A small stadium on campus WILL be a step down.  If USF had Cincinattii's team and record this year we'd have been selling tickets in the 3rd level at RayJay, I guarantee it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

Seriously?  Are you kidding me?  "The university will prosper and flourish as we perform tours and Saturday is buzzing with activity"?

You must first ask yourself "How many people do we lose when we move from RayJay to USF because they dont want to make the drive?"  It's more than you think.  Then ask yourself "How many more people will show up for this $h1t Show just because we have a pretty new stadium on campus?"  It ain't as many as you think.

1.) The stadium going from Ray Jay to USF won't make a difference in non-student attendance. There are 663,104 people within 10 miles of Raymond James and 614,749 people within 10 miles of the proposed sycamore site, anyone that lives further than that probably won't mind the distance between the 2. The issue with Ray Jay is a lot of students don't have cars and don't want to uber or take the bull runner to a game. USF has 6k people in the dorms now and even more than that in the apartments within 2-3 miles of where that stadium will be. Accessibility for them will outweigh any people we lose because USF is too far but Ray Jay isn't.

2.) People will show up at first because the novelty of a new stadium, but I agree we need to win to get them to continue coming back. If we get 25k a game for a 2-10 team now, we'll get 25k for a 2-10 team a few years after that stadium opens. The silver lining is 25k in a 45k stadium will look a lot more respectable on TV than 25k in a 70k stadium with red seats and a nice club section that everyone hides in anyway.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

3 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

The stadium is NOT the problem in Football either.  USF plays in an NFL caliber stadium where the SUPER BOWL was played last year.  I personally know former players (2 now in the NFL) who LOVED playing at RayJay.  Honestly, for a college prospect name ONE stadium in the AAC that is better than RayJay.  A small stadium on campus WILL be a step down.  If USF had Cincinattii's team and record this year we'd have been selling tickets in the 3rd level at RayJay, I guarantee it. 

In 2016/2017 we we're amazing and had fun players to watch and broke 40k attendance in a conference home game 1 time in the 2 years combined

3 hours ago, USFRaider said:

This very well could happen. 

This very well WILL happen.

There, I fixed it for you.  But at least you'll have a new football stadium to look forward to and after that the powers that be will try to convince you that the only thing wrong with the MBB program is the dome which they will want to replace.  But in the meantime, just keep renewing those season tickets.  Things will get better.  JUST TRUST THEM.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851

18 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

The situations are not different.  How would things have been different with Coach Strong if we were sitting in a new stadium watching that crap?  How would they be different today if we were sitting in a new stadium watching the SS that has been the past two years?  I could be sitting in the Taj Mahal and if Gregory is still coaching next year I"m out. Same could be said for football.  It's expensive, time consuming and HOT to go watch college football in Florida in the fall.  The team's record matters more than everything else COMBINED regardless of whether it's FB or MBB.

Yes you have said repeatedly. I disagree is not the same but you do what you need to do.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

20 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

USF must fix the product they are selling FB and MBB before worrying about new facilities.  There are A LOT of schools with better facilities that look like ghost towns because their product sucks too.  Why would USF be any different?  Oh I forgot, because it's USF.

Would a new showroom have saved Yugo?  Or FIAT? Or (insert failing / failed car brand with crap for product here) in this country?  No.

SO just how many more people do think will show up just because they build a new stadium on campus?  And how long do you think they will put up with this crap?

You are missing the point that we are all trying to explain so let me dumb it down for you.  Our product is ass and that we can all agree with, If we are to survive then we must improve, this we also all agree with.  An OCS will generate an excitement and brand loyalty that is not going to happen at an NFL stadium with a bunch of empty red seats. We are trying to move out of the G5 purgatory and to do this we need facilities, so we are building facilities.  We all know we need to win, however we can’t do that so at least we are doing something constructive while we suck ass. We are like AMC, pinto and a gremlin combined, we are trying to be a part of the big 3, and doing the same old BS ain’t going to cut it, hopefully we can become a Camry someday.

• Go Bulls! 1

2 minutes ago, bulloni said:

In 2016/2017 we we're amazing and had fun players to watch and broke 40k attendance in a conference home game 1 time in the 2 years combined

How did the best best teams in the AAC do in attendance?  I honestly don't know.  And don't lose site of the fact that it is the AAC.  It's not like someone is packing 60,000+ into their stadium week in and week out.

How many were in the stands at the UF game this year?  Who you play matters almost as much as how you play.

Also, how many times did USF play on a week night?  That's a non starter for a lot of people unless you're Bama or someone like that.

And lastly, don't forget the HOT weather.  It is a factor that a new stadium won't fix unless they build a dome.

23 minutes ago, bulloni said:

1.) The stadium going from Ray Jay to USF won't make a difference in non-student attendance. There are 663,104 people within 10 miles of Raymond James and 614,749 people within 10 miles of the proposed sycamore site, anyone that lives further than that probably won't mind the distance between the 2. The issue with Ray Jay is a lot of students don't have cars and don't want to uber or take the bull runner to a game. USF has 6k people in the dorms now and even more than that in the apartments within 2-3 miles of where that stadium will be. Accessibility for them will outweigh any people we lose because USF is too far but Ray Jay isn't.

2.) People will show up at first because the novelty of a new stadium, but I agree we need to win to get them to continue coming back. If we get 25k a game for a 2-10 team now, we'll get 25k for a 2-10 team a few years after that stadium opens. The silver lining is 25k in a 45k stadium will look a lot more respectable on TV than 25k in a 70k stadium with red seats and a nice club section that everyone hides in anyway.

I know Football and MBB are different sports.  But the Dome being on campus does NOT help MBB at all.  If the team was better people would attend.  Same for football in my opinion.

Yes, a new stadium will attract the "hey, let's check it out crowd".  But if the team still sucks that "goodwill" won't last until the end of the season and people will be complaining about all the empty seats.

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You are missing the point that we are all trying to explain so let me dumb it down for you.  Our product is ass and that we can all agree with, If we are to survive then we must improve, this we also all agree with.  An OCS will generate an excitement and brand loyalty that is not going to happen at an NFL stadium with a bunch of empty red seats. We are trying to move out of the G5 purgatory and to do this we need facilities, so we are building facilities.  We all know we need to win, however we can’t do that so at least we are doing something constructive while we suck ass. We are like AMC, pinto and a gremlin combined, we are trying to be a part of the big 3, and doing the same old BS ain’t going to cut it, hopefully we can become a Camry someday.

"let me dumb it down for you".  No thanks.  I don't need to stoop to your level and be dumb.  You seem to have already cornered the market on that.