• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn back on the schedule - Officially

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, bulloni said:

2023 already has Bama and 2028 already has Miami. As long as there's one big time OOC game a year its hard to complain

Well from here on in, now that we are sentenced to an eternity in the minor leagues, the scheduling is just going to get worse.  The days of scheduling P5 teams are over, so I am glad Kelly loaded up before our sentence was handed down.  Lets just hope the P5 teams don't cancel on us.  

Edited by USFRaider

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

13 minutes ago, widerberg said:

Don't say the "i" word! 

There's no I in relegated.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Well from here on in, now that we are sentenced to an eternity in the minor leagues, the scheduling is just going to get worse.  The days of scheduling P5 teams are over, so I am glad Kelly loaded up before our sentence was handed down.  Lets just hope the P5 teams don't cancel on us.  

Why would it be over? We played what were then the equivalent of P5 teams even before we got into the BE. 

1 minute ago, widerberg said:

Why would it be over? We played what were then the equivalent of P5 teams even before we got into the BE. 

Because the P5 will be scheduling even more games with each other and less games with the G5. There will become less and less of a reason to schedule G5 teams.   P5 conferences are growing larger, and therefore scheduling less OOC games.The stark dividing line will be the P5 teams (the major leagues) and the G5 teams (the minor leagues).  Very rarely will the two lines cross.

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

Because the P5 will be scheduling even more games with each other and less games with the G5. There will become less and less of a reason to schedule G5 teams.   P5 conferences are growing larger, and therefore scheduling less OOC games.The stark dividing line will be the P5 teams (the major leagues) and the G5 teams (the minor leagues).  Very rarely will the two lines cross.

There's still a chance that we go to the B12 or somewhere better than the AAC, so that would solve the problem. On the other side of that coin is that if expansion keeps going and we end up with a P4 of superconferences that may or may not start their own league outside the NCAA, we're out anyway and none of this will matter. 

As a couple of others have said, I'm here to watch USF play football. If I'm here for USF, it doesn't really even matter who we play. Would I rather watch us play Alabama than Albany? Yeah, of course. But, it won't keep me from watching. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

16 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

There's no I in relegated.

Depends on how good you are at spelling ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

4 minutes ago, widerberg said:

As a couple of others have said, I'm here to watch USF play football. If I'm here for USF, it doesn't really even matter who we play. Would I rather watch us play Alabama than Albany? Yeah, of course. But, it won't keep me from watching. 

And we obviously don't have near enough of your type fan at this point to move any needles .... 

6 minutes ago, widerberg said:

There's still a chance that we go to the B12 or somewhere better than the AAC, so that would solve the problem. On the other side of that coin is that if expansion keeps going and we end up with a P4 of superconferences that may or may not start their own league outside the NCAA, we're out anyway and none of this will matter. 

Sure, the hardcores like you and I would watch USF play 22 garbagemen, but if we want the fan base to grow, we want the ticket sales to grow, scheduling trash like UConn is not going to move the needle one bit. There is a minor buzz for teams like Alabama and Notre Dame being on future schedules, but once the P5 and G5 are solidified as the major and minor leagues once realignment settles down, then USF is going to struggle even more being a minor league college football team playing in a professional sports town.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

4 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I can't see UCONN on the schedule from the pic posted.  I also went to gousfbulls.com and I don't see them there for 2023 or 2028 or anywhere.

????

They are but a figment of an actively creative imagination...(NEB) or, possibly alcohol??

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

Sure, the hardcores like you and I would watch USF play 22 garbagemen, but if we want the fan base to grow, we want the ticket sales to grow, scheduling trash like UConn is not going to move the needle one bit. There is a minor buzz for teams like Alabama and Notre Dame being on future schedules, but once the P5 and G5 are solidified as the major and minor leagues once realignment settles down, then USF is going to struggle even more being a minor league college football team playing in a professional sports town.

Tampa has been a very weird sports town until fairly recently. And USF hasn't gotten much respect locally, well, ever. It might be something that my kids or my kids' kids will have to correct. Until enough people age into being USF football fans based on going to games as a kid with their parents or grandparents and hearing about the Bulls all their lives, I don't know what we do except just keep playing and trying to win. I don't know that playing a couple of marquee games each year will really move the needle that much anyway, in terms of fanbase, unless we consistently win. At the end of the day, we're stuck dealing with what we've got. 

• Upvote 1