• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

Some teams will grow tired  in the Big 10 and SEC. I look for this to blow up again in 10 years. How many years is Texas and Okalahoma going to take being a bottom feeder in the SEC? Ditto for the Western Schools in the BIg 10? Do the Big conferences start kicking out the little guys?  Vanderbilt,  Rutgers Maryland?  Even Ole Miss Miss St would be considered little fish now. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Some teams will grow tired  in the Big 10 and SEC. I look for this to blow up again in 10 years. How many years is Texas and Okalahoma going to take being a bottom feeder in the SEC? Ditto for the Western Schools in the BIg 10? Do the Big conferences start kicking out the little guys?  Vanderbilt,  Rutgers Maryland?  Even Ole Miss Miss St would be considered little fish now. 

Not sure Ole Miss is one of the best college game day experiences  there is period.  If you ever get a chance to go to a football game there and tailgate at the grove do it, it really is next level.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

Imagine thinking Kansas State is a more valuable property than Kansas. 

EDIT: Nobody is moving out of the SEC. 

Edited by USF_Bullsharks

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

57 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

If you squint, they kinda look like a purple Dallas Cowboys.

58 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Not sure Ole Miss is one of the best college game day experiences  there is period.  If you ever get a chance to go to a football game there and tailgate at the grove do it, it really is next level.

It would be cool to do a road game there.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  414
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

That immediately made this a bad made up scenario for me lol. 

I remember right after Texas and Oklahoma announced they were leaving and there was all this speculation about the Big 12 being ripped apart, the 2 teams I saw most consistently being left out in the cold were Baylor and Kansas State. Their hopes were AAC at best. Because even Iowa State you can squint your eyes and make the B1G case. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

That immediately made this a bad made up scenario for me lol. 

I remember right after Texas and Oklahoma announced they were leaving and there was all this speculation about the Big 12 being ripped apart, the 2 teams I saw most consistently being left out in the cold were Baylor and Kansas State. Their hopes were AAC at best. Because even Iowa State you can squint your eyes and make the B1G case. 

Agreed. I had Iowa St. to the B1G as a shoe-in, and was surprised it wasn't mentioned more. Then they lost their AAU status and the rest is history. I think they fit in well with the B12. I do think the next round of realignment will benefit Kansas, to either P2 (think SEC is more likely). Especially if they're competitive in football this year. 

I also think the ACC are going to make a pass at TCU, Utah, and ASU before the next B12 contract in 2030. Things are settled now until FSU drama ends, which could be 2024 or could be 2027, and then I think we'll see a couple more moves between 2028-2030 when things essentially settle down for the long haul. Pending an FSU move (which I think ACC will think long and hard about USF), I think we are either B12 or ACC at the latest come 2028. (1% shot at B1G if SEC takes FSU)

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Right, that is like saying the browns or lions are leaving the NFL bc they cant win.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002

https://sports.yahoo.com/with-college-football-playoff-format-and-future-revenue-in-flux-heres-whats-on-the-table-171119343.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHvdHdUdFpkFlCKlqQxrCzMVi1Aic0ry5H7io1WgbRNtxg-bjTkfJwr9dTGYD8vgfBbTE2eGx6Z-sXXEuIySl9KBF9AxLOPNqKttXETxLcUvsybj9MuAbxYpDrIvc7ukG4JYpZtCytuOWMirfwRuzbpECAP0ZQD0a-K8iWIFUT4s

A revenue-distribution model has surfaced that would distribute annually to the SEC and Big Ten multiple millions in additional revenue than their two power league counterparts. While an expected move, the figures shocked those who have seen the proposal. In a proposal socialized with administrators this week, the Big Ten and SEC would combine to earn about 58% of the CFP’s base distribution — a figure that will certainly grow in participation distribution as their individual schools earn more revenue for qualifying and advancing through the playoffs. The figure would greatly exceed the ACC and Big 12’s combined distribution number, which is expected to be around 31%. The remaining amount (roughly 10%) will be distributed to Notre Dame and the 64 Group of Five teams.

More from the Ross Dellenger article above:

Attorneys for Clemson have spent the last several months gearing up for legal action of their own, sources with knowledge of the discussions tell Yahoo Sports.

More secession attempts could send the conference into chaos. The outcomes of any Florida State or Clemson exit — can they break free of the grant-of-rights? — may chart a path for the other members of the seven, most notably North Carolina, the most attractive of the programs.