• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

Absolutely correct. Money in this story that is playing out is like “my precious” in the Lord of the Rings…everyone wants it but it only destroys who has it. It isn’t funny at all what is happening. We are watching something that is unsustainable…it’s in an uncontrolled feedback loop.

Sadly, for us we're in an unsustainable situation being on the bottom (G5). Waiting with bated breath for an annoucement of further movement that might give us a golden ticket if everything breaks just right.

Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN 

Edited by Cat941

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

18 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I think it's the whole TV money thing.

Yes for some schools, others it’s not.  Texas for example makes for money than anyone in the SEC.  If you asked their fans and their administration, “would you rather be in the SEC and make $20 million more OR stay in the B12 and win the National Championship”?  I bet the latter gets picked every time

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Even rural is becoming a thing of the past. Moved to San Antonio 5 years ago. Now they're literally building mini towns all over Pasco County.

My parents moved from Seminole Heights to the old Carrollwood area in 1963 when I-75 took their property and their friends asked them why they were moving "way out there".

• Haha 1

Reading some posts on another realignment board and the sense I get from it is that the ACC fans (and other P4 fans) have no desire to dilute their revenue by adding USF.  I'm not seeing a lot of support for promoting us, even if FSU leaves and they are backfilling.  Some posts go further to say that the ACC should look to pull in UCF which is ridiculous with the B12 GOR.  It got me thinking that forming a new subdivision as the NCAA is proposing, might be a way to belong without requiring an invitation to a new conference.  Could be beneficial in that we would have to buy in and invest in order to meet the requirements of participation.  Should be a much smaller group of schools that opt in compared to the current number in FBS.  Can't exclude us out of fear.  

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I'm not seeing a lot of support for promoting us

Hopefully, none of them have a say in whether or not USF gets into the ACC. 🙂

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Ricky the Bull said:

My parents moved from Seminole Heights to the old Carrollwood area in 1963 when I-75 took their property and their friends asked them why they were moving "way out there".

Coulda been neighbors. I was born in Jackson Hts. in'53. My grandma was the first street car driver in Tampa, then lunchroom manager at the old Jefferson High.

38 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Hopefully, none of them have a say in whether or not USF gets into the ACC. 🙂

Of course not.   But will the negativity influence the decision-making of the university administrators?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Of course not.   But will the negativity influence the decision-making of the university administrators?

We need to counter the negativity with as much positivity as we can muster over here just in case. 😉

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Reading some posts on another realignment board and the sense I get from it is that the ACC fans (and other P4 fans) have no desire to dilute their revenue by adding USF.  I'm not seeing a lot of support for promoting us, even if FSU leaves and they are backfilling.  Some posts go further to say that the ACC should look to pull in UCF which is ridiculous with the B12 GOR.  It got me thinking that forming a new subdivision as the NCAA is proposing, might be a way to belong without requiring an invitation to a new conference.  Could be beneficial in that we would have to buy in and invest in order to meet the requirements of participation.  Should be a much smaller group of schools that opt in compared to the current number in FBS.  Can't exclude us out of fear.  

The old Big East really hated being in a league with us, I'm not surprised.