• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

A full stadium atmosphere and the annual chance to upset UF? Sign me up 

except the stadium wouldn't be full.....

nary a sellout this year. not even for #1 Georgia. barely 70% full(28,500). just another 2-10 (0-8) season for them. nothing out of the ordinary.

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

Here's an recap of Vanderbilt's home attendance in 2014.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I do not like any of the teams involved and certainly have no love to lose for the miscreants that are known as FSU. I  hope you all going back and forth about who belongs and who doesn't in the faux playoffs realize the pure folly of a sport where you can never be defeated but still cannot become a champion.  Even if you have a decent schedule and win all of your games you still have to be scored and chosen to compete. Football is not ice skating or gymnastics and should not be left to subjective choices. Instead of trying to protect the bogus bowls, the powers that be should have installed a legitimate playoff years ago. There is a reason why the NFL is KING. 

Now, if I had said in August I bet that FSU would go undefeated and that includes wins over (name brands) LSU, Florida, Miami etc. and told you they would not be invited to the playoffs, all of you would have lined up thinking you were going to take easy money from me. 

Finally, one of the catch phrases I had heard often over the years when I made the mistake of turning on ESECPN is "body of work".  Well, I believe the Bama game I saw up close and personal, I saw Bama's offensive line getting beat often against (pains me to say) one of the worst defenses in college football the last few seasons.  I reject the premise of "body of work" just on that alone. If Alabama was so superior to FSU, they would have manhandled, yes manhandled the USF defensive line.  They did not. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Now, if I had said in August I bet that FSU would go undefeated and that includes wins over (name brands) LSU, Florida, Miami etc. and told you they would not be invited to the playoffs, all of you would have lined up thinking you were going to take easy money from me. 

But if you added their QB was not functional and/or half the team got caught up in an FBI shoes sting, we'd have even more confidence...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

14 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Define athlete. Football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, men’s and women’s lacrosse, etc. Or would they try that with only football and basketball?

Title IX my friend.  Any student competing on any team on scholarship (or not).

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

But if you added their QB was not functional and/or half the team got caught up in an FBI shoes sting, we'd have even more confidence...

I think you may have missed my point.  The argument is not who belongs or doesn't.  The issue is it is a bogus playoff format. 

Somewhere Steve Spurrier is  smiling on the shoes point. 

Edited by Mission9

And as the one attorney is trying to do, count club teams as Title IX student-athletes.

Like most legislation, Title IX has been abused and will continue to be abused.

8 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I think you may have missed my point. 

Sorry.  I probably did.  I've seen enough sympathy for FSU on this board.

I'd like the playoffs to start after about three games.  Run a huge double elim/round robin, use the 9 weeks or so to determine a real champion.  Other problems emerge i.e. team's early eliminated..etc.  Conferences won't matter (I vote for that!).

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'd like the playoffs to start after about three games.  Run a huge double elim/round robin, use the 9 weeks or so to determine a real champion.  Other problems emerge i.e. team's early eliminated..etc.  Conferences won't matter (I vote for that!).

Do not confuse pointing out the illegitimate playoff format as well as ESECPN hypocrisy as  sympathy.  I laughed at the idea they were left out from a fan standpoint. I loathe the fact that it happened to an undefeated team who did have to overcome a few bad breaks along the way. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

except the stadium wouldn't be full.....

nary a sellout this year. not even for #1 Georgia. barely 70% full(28,500). just another 2-10 (0-8) season for them. nothing out of the ordinary.

To be fair, Vanderbilt's entire enrollment is smaller than the USF student section at RayJay.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, Brad said:

The is much bigger than the semenholes. No one likes them, but we understand the door this opens. If you can leave them out this season perhaps that allows you to leave others out in future. There could be multiple G5 teams that have good records, 0-1 losses, but now the committee can justify putting 2-3 loss teams ahead of them. Especially if they played Bama, Georgia, and so on. Doing this now means it will be less controversial when they rinse and repeat later.

• Upvote 3